Chapter 39.

LISA

A week had passed, but Aria still hasn't woken up. I'm also back, working in the office while Jisoo unnie and Jennie are helping me to take turns in looking after Aria. She was transferred to a private room and Jennie insisted on putting bodyguards outside Aria's room. Which I think is too much. I know she's concerned, but putting that many bodyguards in the hospital that she owns, is an exaggeration. Either way, I'm confident that Aria is safe.

"Lisa, let's go." Seulgi patted my back that snapped me out of my thoughts. They're already carrying their things, ready to visit Aria as they planned to spend dinner with me in the hospital.

"Few more minutes, I have to review these papers first, so Jennie can sign these tomorrow morning."

"Where's the chairman right now?" Jeongyeon asked.

"She's at the hospital, she got there this afternoon."

After my shift in the office, it was my turn to look after Aria until the next morning. I sleep on the couch in her room and go home to our penthouse to take a shower before going back to the office. Jennie and I rarely see each other because of this setup. Whereas, her and Jisoo visit Aria whenever they have free time from their schedules.

"I hope Aria wakes up soon. I want to play with her so badly." Chaeng heaved a sigh and pouted her lips.

"Me too. She's annoying but I missed her a lot."

"Alright. Finish that quickly, Manoban. We will wait for you in the lobby." Wendy added, before pulling the others out to leave.

"Bye guys."

:

:

We arrived at the hospital, holding three buckets of chicken and six bottles of soju. It's weekend tomorrow, meaning no more work, and they promised to stay with me until morning.

"Did you guys noticed what changed?" Wendy uttered as we walked to the hallway on our way to Aria's room.

"What?"

"I don't feel scared seeing the boss whenever I'm with Lisa." Wendy laced her arms around my shoulder.

"And to think that, we thought she's homophobic, but turns out to be the gayest of all. Giving all these luxury for Lisa and her sister. She's so whipped." Chaeng added.

"And also, I will not worry about getting fired anymore. Lisa will be defending us now. Right?" Seulgi yeeted Wendy's arms from my shoulder and replaced it with her arms.

"Just don't break up with her, Manoban. We need you to tame the boss, or else, she'll be back to being a grumpy old lady once again." Jeongyeon butted in.

"That won't happen. I already have the ring." I turned to face them all and winked to see their reactions.

"Wait. What?!"

"For real?"

I see how they froze in shock while I'm blushing before opening Aria's room. "It's our secret, okay?"

I stepped inside, being confused by all the flowers and gifts that filled the room. My eyes roamed to find my woman, but instead, I had a sight of the man she was with.

"What is he doing here?"

"Lisa, he's about to leave." Jennie rushed her way towards me to block the man from my sight.

:

:

JENNIE

I was stroking my daughter's hair while staring at her, sleeping. I hate seeing her like this. It reminds me so much of Lisa when she's in a coma. I just hope she won't wake up forgetting who I am.