Chapter 27.

LISA

Jennie wasn't talking to me since Miyeon left. She's acting like I don't exist and it's hard because it's just the two of us in the house right now.

"Hon, would you like to go out?" I am trying my luck to have her response.

"No." she answered coldly and went to our room. I followed her to possibly asked why she's getting mad but she immediately locked the door.

I tried knocking for several times but I didn't get a response. I went back to the living area and slouched my back on the couch to think on what went wrong. She started to get upset since Miyeon came but my friend has done nothing wrong to her. I massaged my head to keep on remembering what I did but the only thing that comes to my mind was when I forgot to introduce her as my girlfriend. Which I immediately regretted and clarify to Miyeon that Jennie is my girlfriend. I don't think she's still upset about that. Right?

"Lisa?" Mom came home and her eyes squinted while I'm scratching my head. "What happened to you? You looked like your bill is due."

"Well, I think my life is due." I whispered to myself.

"By the way, where's Jennie? Has she woken up?"

"She just went back to bed."

"I bought meat and vegetables. Let me just cook our lunch."

Mom went to the kitchen while I keep going back and forth around the house and to our room but Jennie still has it locked. So I decided to just help my mom in the kitchen. I know she'll come out soon and she can't ignore me for so long.

I was boiling the meat just how my mother instructed me when suddenly, I saw Jennie coming to the kitchen and all dressed up with a high-waisted jeans and a croptop. She also has her bag and car keys on her hand.

"H-hon, are you leaving?" I asked but she walked passed me to get straight to my mom.

"Mom, I'm going out for a while. I'll be back later. Please don't wait me at lunch. I'll have it outside."

"Just you? Will you be alright?"

"Yes, mom." she nodded and left without looking at me.

I sighed when she closed the door. I looked down and breath heavily when suddenly...

***Paaaak!!!***

Mom smacked my head with a ladle.

"Awww! What was that for?" I scratched my head.

"What did you do?"

"M-me? B-boiling meat?"

Then she smacked me again.

"Jennie is mad at you and she doesn't want to have lunch with us." mom pinched my sides.

"Aww! Mom, that's my bone." I yeeted her hands. "I have no idea why she's upset, okay."

"You're dumb. She wouldn't act like that if you didn't do anything."

"I swear, I have no idea. She starts ignoring me after Miyeon left."

"Miyeon was here?"

"Yes. She visited and we hang out for a while but she has to leave eventually."

My mother looked around in the kitchen as if she's finding something. "Ahhh..." she smirked and seems like she found what she's looking for. She got herself a skillet and threatened to slapped it on my face but I quickly hide under the table.

"Mom! Stop! That's abuse." I begged her.

"You are so insensitive. How did you become my daughter, haa?!!" She twisted my ear and pulled me up from under the table.