Chapter Thirteen

DID SHE FIND OUT that Devin came to pay me a visit?

Of course from my angle, neither Devin nor I did anything wrong but if I were to reanalyse the event from her point of view, this was an unforgivable crime.

Judging from how possessive she was on the first day I came across her, she would have been so annoyed after finding out that her boyfriend went to see a lady— no matter the context. If she couldn't let him talk to me just to order what he wanted to drink, she would definitely disapprove of him coming to check up on me.

No woman would be completely comfortable with their boyfriend seeing another lady.

I sighed and stared at the floral dress lady, "Ma'am, I see what happened now. I can expla—"

The lady pushed me hard before my words could even get to her. My back crashed onto the ground and the pain brushed through all my body, then it was gone in an instant.

"Shut the fuck up!" She yelled at me, panting like she could breathe fire from her nostrils.

"Trina, don't hurt her!" Devin yelled at her, "She doesn’t feel too well."

Trina looked at Devin with a smile of surprise, then shifted her smile to me before laughing hysterically, "So, the both of you are that close to know about each other's health? How long have you been fucking my man?"

"No!" I yelled, sitting up on the floor, "I'm not— I've never..."

I watched her walk over to the counter and grab the coffee kettle that was filled with hot water from the machine. My eyes widened in horror as she briskly approached me with the kettle.

"Trina stop!" Devin said as he walked towards her to obstruct her movement.

She pushed him out of her way and poured hot water on me before I could get up from the floor and run away from her.

"Argh!" I shrieked loudly as I fell back on my knees, shutting my eyes tight.

It felt like my skin was on fire.

"Look what you did!" I heard Devin yell.

"Don't you dare walk up to her, Devin," his girlfriend responded, "You wouldn't want to lose your job."

I swear to God, I hate this place. I hate it!

She grabbed my hair as she crouched beside me, making me open my eyes, "Look at me. Let this be a lesson to you and whoever is planning on following your dirty footsteps. Stop pursuing people's men and go get yours, you cheap slut!"

Before she could shove me again, Adrian grabbed her and yanked her away from me with so much force that she landed in the hands of Devin who was standing ten metres away.

"Hey! I wasn't done, boy!" She yelled at Adrian as he helped me up.

Luckily, Devin had held her arms as she struggled to free herself, preventing her from coming anywhere near me. It felt like thousands of fire ants were dancing on my skin but I didn't dare complain because Mr. Lenin was in the main cafe and he didn't look like he was on my side on this matter.

"Miss, we are deeply sorry for any trouble our worker may have caused you," Mr. Lenin said as he approached Trina.

He turned to me, "Apologize at once, Miss. Davis!"