28. Heat and the lake

Kate felt like their last week at hogwarts was bittersweet. Most of the memories she had here were incredible, happy and exhilarating. But Kate had a connection to the muggle world more than the magic, simple muggle tasks making her feel whole.
However sat how on the grassy hills near the lake in the scorching sun it hit her that she wasn't going to be in this stupid castle every day.

"It's so hot." Marlene said while fanning herself dramatically.
"Yea Mar, we're sat directly in the sun." Dorcas laughed at her girlfriends antics.
"Yea I know that, but what about Lily? She's ginger!" She continued on dramatically and then lying in the grass. "Oh god that's nice."
The rest of them then followed Marlene's suit and also flopped down into the grass.
"Ooo, that is nice." Alice commented.
As Kate laid down and craned her head backwards toward the castle.
"Oh for fucks sake, we have company people." Kate rolled her eyes as she saw the four boys barrelling towards their spot on the grass.
"Save yourselves, go back inside!" Marlene shouts to them.
The four of them laughed at her and continued to walk towards the girls.
"And why would we do that?" James asked.
"Because we are all melting into the ground." Kate stated and rolled onto her front, fanning her neck.
Kate noticed that he had started to make that face, the face he always made when he was about to do something incredibly stupid.

"Well if you're that hot." He started and suddenly lunged at her, lifting her up from the grass and flinging her over his shoulder. "Why don't you go for a swim?" He started laughing and running towards the lake.
"Don't you dare..." Kate shouted, he only continued laughing and running, getting closer to the lake.
"JAMES!" Kate had started to bang and scratch at his back, in effort to get him to put her down.
When she looked up to ask her friends for help, she saw them packing up their things and running away.
"TRAITORS!" Kate screamed up to them with the lovely sight of two middle fingers.
The water was freezing. Which was nice for about one second, the heat on her skin completely disappearing but then quickly being replaced with the cold sinking in to her bones.
"You. Absolute. Cock." Kate said, glaring at James and pulling her wet hair over her back. "At least help me out?" She asked and pouted at him with fake sweetness.
"Fine." James rolled his eyes, however wrapped his hand around Kate's wrist nonetheless.

-

As he hit the water face first, he felt stupid.
"How did I fall for that?" He asked shaking the water out of his hair.
"Because you're stupid." Kate stated while now treading water. "I bet I can beat you to shore." Kate challenged and started swimming away.
He very quickly caught up and grabbed onto her ankle, dragging her back toward him.
"Ahh! James, stop that tickles!"
The two were now face to face in the water, soaking wet.

"Oh? That tickles huh?" He smirked before ghosting his fingers over Kate's ribs under the water.
Flinching away from him she cried. "James, James stop!" Her eyes were now tearing up from laugher. He just grabbed on tighter and pulled her into his chest, grabbing her hips in the water.
Her laughter ceased as their eyes met again.
Eyes flicking down to lips, leaning in.
"We should go back to the castle." Kate cleared her throat and pushed away from him and swam to shore, casting a quick drying charm and quickly walking back up to the castle.

-

a/n
hi readers and friends. This is horribly short and i'm so sorry, the next chapter will be longer. i promos and sorry for the long break from writing. I am disabled so i need to have regular breaks.
But anyway, i hope you enjoy <3