14. Christmas pt.2

The next day Kate had received another letter from James. His script on the front was taunting her, infiltrating her brain.
Did he hate her presents and was disappointed?
Did his parents think that she wasn't a good girlfriend?
Did he just hate her now?
Kate could hear her breathing pick up as she just stared at the letter with furrowed brows.
Overcoming the anxiety she slid her finger through the envelope but looked at the folded parchment until she gained the confidence to flip it open.

Kate
I really hope you enjoyed your Christmas and your Present. What you got me was amazing and I was lost for words when opening it.
The slippers were very nice and are great at keeping my feet warm and now we match and will look even more like a couple. However, the quaffle is one of the most thoughtful things I have ever been given, I do hope you didn't go through too much trouble to get it. I will be putting it on display in my dorm.
"James Potter, quidditch captain"
Being quidditch captain is one of my greatest achievements so thank you.
Thank you for the picture, I showed my parents and they said you were incredibly beautiful (I agree) and would love to meet you.
Do you know how Lily and Amos are?
have a good rest of break
James

Kate felt her chest tighten as she read the letter. He had liked her present enough to display it in his dorm and liked the slippers enough to at least wear them. His parents thought she was beautiful, feeling slightly guilty that his parents had been included in their charade.
Why did he have to ask about Lily? Kate gritted her teeth at the letter and angrily screwed it into a ball and slammed it in to the bin.
She was jealous.
Why was she jealous?

Kate had now gone into full panic mode and was now quickly walking through the castle with no real destination. Her feet were moving her from the 5th floor to the 3rd to the 7th, her mind moving a million miles a minute, running through all of the memories with James. She had ended up at the highest point of the castle, the astrometry tower. The clouds were grey almost close enough to touch, the sky was dreary and rainy lightly, emulating a painting. Kate dangled her legs off of the edge of the tower and looked over the grounds, the forest was coniferous therefore the leaves didn't fall and we're still bright green even at the coldest time of the year. James however, was still at the forefront of her mind consuming her completely as she though about the crazy two months they had together so far. Her breath picked up and her heart pounded as she looked across the grounds. She lifted her hand up to her chest and gripped the pendant that laid on her chest.

-

When she had ran towards him after his quidditch games and he would pick her up and spin her around in the air.

When she would stare at him while he preformed spells in charms, rolling up his sleeves exposing his forearms and the veins that were ever so mouthwatering.

When they would be walking through the corridors with their separate friends and while crossing paths he would grab her hand and twirl her around before leaving again.

Whenever she was wandering alone he would always mange to find her and keep her company.

The hogsmeade date. Letting her get her Christmas shopping done while still spending time with her and giving her insight to her choices.

When they would just be hanging out in the kitchen for hours on end, talking about whatever came to their minds. Telling each other, drama, secrets you name it they would have talked about it.

When he had told her that Amos was a piece of shit and didn't deserve her. Quickly helping her get over him and thinking of herself higher.

When he had announced their relationship with a bouquet of beautiful flowers shocking everyone and leaving them confused.

The kissing. The way he had picked her up and kissed her passionately even though it was most likely just his hormones as a teenage boy.

The letter. His parents saying she was beautiful. Liking her gifts even though they were no where near as expensive or delicate at his.

The necklace, the dazzling, sparkling, purple necklace in the shape of a lavender flower. With the matching earrings that looked perfect on her.
The amount of money he must of spent was astounding and she couldn't believe it.

She thought back to the first day of their fake relationship, sat in the kitchen, drinking cups of lavender tea together, agreeing to James's stupid plan to be his fake girlfriend to get Lily to finally date him after years of trying.  One specific moment  of that day came to the front of Kate's mind.
Number 5. Do not, under any circumstances fall in love with each other.

-

"Fuck!" Kate shouted. It travelled out through the grounds.
"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Finally she had realised she was in love with her fake boyfriend James potter who was in love with her best friend.
They had to end this.

-

an/ hey ppl. this is a shorter chapter and it is meant to be that way to represent everything happening quickly for Kate.