22. Bracelets and planning

At first, James wasn't sure if jewellery was his thing, but when the gold chain sparkling on his wrist out of the corner of his eye and decided that he was now a jewellery person. Kate had known so much about him, he knew she wasn't at all interested in quidditch but she still knew that he had been a seeker in the years prior.

"Where did that bracelet come from?" Remus asked, the bracelet also catching his attention.
"I don't think i've ever seen you wear any kind of jewellery." Sirius added coming up and grabbing James's wrist and looking at the bracelet.
"Kate got me it." He shrugged.
"For your birthday?" Remus asked looking confused.
"Well she bought it a while back and didn't know what to do with it so she gave it to me." He said. "Plus, it's nice and I like it." James defended.
"Did Lily get you anything?" Remus asked.
"No, but we haven't been together that long." James said.
"But Kate got you a bracelet and baked you a two tiered cake all on her own?" Remus looked confused.
"Yep." James was confused on why they were asking so many questions. "However we need to plan our next prank." He changed the subject in an attempt to distract his friends.

The three of them instantly jumped into action throwing ideas around the room.
It was loud and chaotic, just how James liked it, the normal of his friends bringing him comfort from the storm of feelings swirling around inside him, not understanding how he was feeling.
They had come up with a wicked plan that would give them at least a weeks detention and he couldn't be more excited.

-

Without James, Kate wasn't sure what to fill her days with. She could only talk to the girls about the new edition of witch weekly, the weather and the daily prophet before it felt like the days were repeating. Kate believed she had cooked and baked everything possible at that point and she had studied every single bit of content that she had learned at her entire hogwarts run to prepare for exams, reading every book on every topic.

But she was bored, she longed for those two hours a week when she got to sit next to James in charms.
1. She could spend time with him without it being weird.
2. She had fun and was never bored.
They were constantly being told to be quiet and stop laughing, only resulting in them doubling over harder. Today James had said that the professor sounded like the "green frog puppet."
"Kermit the frog?" Kate asked her smile twitching.
"Yea, that one." He confirmed.
Kate's entire body started to tremble trying to keep her laugh in. She could totally hear it. The professor sounded exactly like kermit. Her eyes sprang up with water and her stomach started to hurt from laughing too hard. James was the same, taking off his glasses and wiping his eyes.
"Taylor! Potter! Outside!" The two got up and hearing her talk sent them into more laughter as they got up as they got up and left the classroom.

-

Lily realised then why James had been so distant and not really seemed like he wanted to be with her. He liked Kate. And Kate liked him.
It was no lie that the two were really close throughout their relationship and since, Kate had been less bubbly and talkative. It also clicked for her that James's and Kate's relationship was for her, to get her and James to get together. Kate had done so much for her, and James. He was over the moon dating her and Kate had to just sit there and watch.

When Kate had gone off to her detention that was given for her and James's fit of laugher earlier,
Lily had to tell the girls her plan.
"Girls we have an emergency." Lily said, once she knew Kate was down in the common room.
"What?" Marlene asked, confused because Lily didn't look too frazzled.
"James likes Kate. And Kate likes James." Lily stated.
"I knew that Kate liked James but he likes her?" Alice asked
"You knew, did she tell you?" Dorcas looked betrayed, and ruffled her eyebrows.
"No she didn't tell me, but I figured it out, it was really obvious. So what are we doing about it."
"We're getting them together." Lily said determined.
"Lils, are you sure? Don't you like him?" Marlene asked, making sure that she was sure.
"Yes." Lily was sure. "I don't like him that much, I only really went out with him because he was nice to me after Amos, which I'm pretty sure Kate told him to do." She finished.
"So how are we getting them together?" Marlene asked and they all smiled.

They quickly formulated their plan to get them together, in hopes of being finished before Kate got back, luckily they finished just in time.
The plan was:
1. Get James to realise he liked Kate.
2. Get James and Kate to spend alone time together.
3. Trick them onto going on a date.
4. They live happily ever after.

"Hey, what are you guys conspiring about?" Kate said as she came back.
"Nothing!" They all dispersed across the dorm as Kate came back in. She knew that they were hiding something but just shrugged it off.
"What did you have to do?" Alice asked.
"Scrub the floors, god my knees hurt." Kate said and got changed and showed her friends her knees which were different shades of blue and purple.
"Are you sure you were just cleaning the floors?" Marlene said with a snicker.
"Shut up." Kate rolled her eyes.

They knew that they had to include Sirius, Remus and Peter in the plan for it to work or they'd never let James off on his own too often. The girls new that they would agree to their plan, as they were a tight knit group and would be down for any sort of scheme.

The next day they told the boys and they instantly agreed to it.
"Operation Kate and James is a-go." Sirius said and they all nodded.
"Step one, Me and James are finished." Lily said.