019: ( memories lost. )

YOU tried to distract yourself from the negative thoughts in your head saying things like "she's up to no good" and "she wants chris. you decided to chime into the conversation the boys were having, even though it was quite stupid, anything to get rid of the thoughts.

"root beer always has been and always will be the best drink and i stand by it," matt said proudly. "your opinions are wrong whatever you say." nick and chris looked at matt, looked at eachother then laughed. "matt," nick said, putting his hands on top of matts, staring at him affectionately fake smiling. "dr pepper all the way." this causes an eye roll from matt, the boy arises to speak when the beautiful brunette sitting next to you chimes in. "i'm sorry, both of you guys are wayyyy off." chris said, moving his hand from on top of yours and onto thigh. you felt a chill go up your spine, but you know he was only doing that to help your leg stop bouncing. he doesn't even look at you, he just carries on talking like nothing happened. "pepsi on top always," he continued. "right y/n?"

BEFORE you could even get a word out, ellie comes back over with your guys's food and you feel your body tense up. "here's your food," she says plastering a fake smile from cheek to cheek which the boys seemed to fall for. "thanks ellie," nick says with a beaming smile. "matt.. you didn't get the ketchup you asked for!!" matt proceeds to hit nick in the arm and roll his eyes. "mattitude at its finest," you say with an anxious laugh. the others all laughed and nick seemed to notice you weren't okay. "are you okay," nick mouthed from across the table, whilst chris and matt ate and spoke. "i think so." you mouth back, your eyes dart to the waitress and back to nick. he nods his head and mouths, "you'll be okay chris is here." you can't help but smile and rest your head on chris's shoulder. you're happy and that's all that matters.

EVERYTHING was going great until she came back over. you gave her a look, almost to say go away. she ignored the signal, gave you yet another fake smile and proceeded to talk to the boys. "is that everything for you?" she says, leaning on the table and making eye contact with chris. your hands start to clench up and suddenly you feel a strong arm wrap around your waist, making all your troubles fade away in your mind. "yeah thank you ellie," chris says, not taking his eyes off me. nick and matt carry on speaking to ellie as chris whispers to you. "are you okay, you seem really off." you can't help but lie and say that everything's okay. he gives me a reassuring smile and goes back to talk to ellie. "okay, thank you for coming boys!" she says, as she leaves a napkin on the table and winks at chris, thinking we wouldn't see.

you took one look at the napkin. it was ellie's phone number with a lipstick kiss and the words call me written in lipstick. you were so angry, you just stormed off shouting words you knew you'd later regret, "chris, whatever you think we have going on is done. WE'RE DONE!"

and just like that it's gone. we went from something i've forever wanted to enemies yet again..

AUTHORS NOTE:
YES I KNOW YOU WERE NEVER EXPECTING THIS! we felt like it was getting too repetitive and boring so we decided to switch it up! let me know what you think <3