8.

it was now novas birthday, and nova had gotten up and gotten ready. she walked over to the bed as she came out of the bathroom, going next to taylor.

nova rubbed the blondes back gently.

"baby, it's time to get up." nova whined, sitting at taylor's feet. as taylor sat up, nova quickly kissed her.

"happy birthday, sweetie." taylor whispered, rubbing her eyes like a little kid.

"thank you tay, are you ready to eat?" the shorter girl asked, getting ready to stand.

"yeah sure," taylor responded. "what did you make?"

"well," nova started, elongating the word. "i didn't make anything, per say, i may or may not have ran to the smile cafe and gotten us breakfast."

taylor chuckled lightly and stood up next to the brunette and kissed her. "did you run there or did they deliver?" she joked.

the two woman began walking out of the room, and taylor instantly smelled the aromas of the cafe. "mmm, it smells amazing, nova. let me get the candles and we can eat."

as taylor went to get candles and a lighter, meredith grey came onto novas lap. as nova started petting the cat, she purred softly.

"aren't you so cute." nova whispered to the cat. suddenly, taylor was behind nova and putting a candle into their belgian waffles.

once she lit the candle, she began singing happy birthday.

"thank you, tay. that was beautiful." nova told the blonde as taylor leaned down to kiss her.

they ate their waffles and talked about what they would do that day for novas birthday. "so, we can't really go shopping, but we could always look online at clothes and stuff." taylor mentioned.

"or," nova began. "we could just stay home all day and watch our show with the kids."

taylor widened her eyes jokingly before responding. "kids?" taylor laughed at what nova called their cats.

"yeah, they're the kids i never had." nova said, leaning in to peck taylor on the lips.

"speaking of kids..." taylor started. "do you want any? obviously, i know we're still early into the relationship, and it might not be the best time to ask you if you want a family, but i want to know because i can see myself having a little family with you." she rambled, moving her hands to try proving a point.

"taylor," nova said, grabbing the blondes hands. "taylor." she said, more sternly. the blonde quickly looked up at the younger girl, quieting down.

"it's fine, i see myself being with you for the rest of my life, but i don't care about kids or anything. all that matters is that we're happy." nova answered.

"well, do you want them?" taylor asked again.

"wether we have zero kids of a gazillion, i will always love you." nova responded, kissing taylor.

"but do you want them?" taylor asked seriously. nova shrugged, "i mean, i would love to have a kid or two, but not yet."

"me too. i think in the future you would be an amazing mother, nova," taylor agreed. "you would be a better mother than me! i didn't exactly have the best role model." the brunette half joked.

"okay, let's just say that we will be both be amazing parents." taylor chuckled.

taylor stood from her seat next to nova and began walking over to the couch. nova picked meredith up off of her lap and placed her softly on the ground, following taylor.

"what should we watch?" the blonde asked from the couch, looking up at nova. "i don't know, what about 'friends'?" nova suggested.

"it's your birthday, so we can watch whatever you want." taylor responded, already turning on their television.

the two woman watched 'friends' for a few hours, before taylor's phone began ringing.

as taylor picked up the phone, nova sat up, a tiny bit interested in who was calling taylor.

taylor answered the call, putting it on speaker. "happy birthday, nova!" tree said into the phone.

"how did you-" nova started, before getting cut off by the red head. "are you two home?"

taylor looked at nova, before nodding. "yeah, why?" tree chuckled over the phone. "alright, be ready in ten minutes. i'm already on my way."

taylor opened her mouth to respond before tree hung up. nova turned to taylor quickly. "so, tree is on her way and we are still in pajamas and weren't planing to change?"

taylor smirked, nodding. "if you don't want to change, you don't have to. i am going to change, though, if you want to."

nova groaned, standing up. "if you're getting dressed, i can't stay in these." she stated, motioning to her nightgown she was wearing.

as the two of the walked to the bedroom they had began sharing, nova quickly pulled taylor in for a kiss.

"what was that for?" the blonde asked, looking at nova. "what? i can't just kiss my significant other?" nova responded.

"ew, don't say that." taylor said, cringing. "don't say what?" nova teased. "significant other." she continued, emphasizing her words.

"yes! don't say that, it sounds weird." taylor chuckled, continuing walking to the bedroom. "well, i didn't know if you were comfortable with me calling you my girlfriend." nova protested.

taylor paused in her steps. "what do you mean? of course you can call me that. you can call me whatever you want, sweetie." taylor kindly assured the shorter woman as they walked into their bedroom.

as taylor went to the dresser to pick out some clothes, nova went to the closet. the two women were pretty much the same size, so they were able to share some of their clothing.

"hey, so why is tree coming here?" nova asked, pulling her night gown over her head. "i think she wants to talk about our relationship and how it will affect my reputation and public status or whatever." taylor informed.

nova grabbed a collared shirt out of the closet, bringing it over her head, while taylor grabbed a sweater to put on.

nova grabbed wide legged black pants and taylor grabbed skinny jeans. as the two of them finished changing, they walked downstairs and prepared for tree to arrive.

"i love you, nova," taylor whispered into the shorter woman's ear. "i love you too, tay."