4

Averys pov 

I must have passed out before my father had left the room. How do I know that you may ask... well I did wake up on the floor. 
God! I am in so much pain right now. 

... 

TW - last night

I close the door in my brother's faces. 

The nerve of them!! 
Kinda sweet though, when they got all protective... they seemed genuinely worried. 
Geez, stop swooning over my brothers. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. 

My door suddenly swings open and my father stumbles in. He is definitely drunk, he can't even walk right. Nothing good ever happens when he's drunk. 

Suddenly my head snaps to the side followed by a stinging pain in my cheek. Then the yelling, "You worthless thing can't you do anything right!!" 

What did I do wrong now? 

He punches me in the face and I fall to the ground. He starts kicking me multiple times in my stomach and my already bruised ribs. 

As I had almost gotten numb to the pain, he grabs a knife out of his back pocket. 

He turned me over so I was lying on my bruised stomach. I tried to fight against his grip but the more I tried to resist, the more pain I felt. 

My father lifts my shirt and carves a line onto my back while I bite down my tongue to muffle my screams. With each slice, I felt him going deeper and deeper. 

... 

I look at the clock and it's just 2:37 in the morning. 

I slowly try to get up but the pain is unbearable. At some point, I was able to get up, grab my phone and my keys and drag myself along the wall out of the house. I am very careful not to wake anyone up, especially not my father. 

I get in my car and drive to the warehouse. 

I spot Joe and Rom smoking in front of the main door. They turn their heads to me as I park my car in the middle of the driveway. Seeing me stumble out of the car, my grey shirt in blood, they immediately rush to my side. 

Without saying a word they help me up to my office. 

Joe and Rom are the only ones who know about my father and the way he treats me. They also know that no one else can know about it. And for good reason... 

In my office, Rom gently places me on the sofa while Joe gets the first-aid kit. I make sure all my guys know how to clean and stitch up a wound. We need that a lot in our line of work. 

Joe stitches me while I protest saying that I can stitch my own wounds. 

"Boss, you gotta do something about this". I ignore Rom's statement, "How are the clubs going? How far are the builders with the new base?" 

Joe answers quickly "The clubs are doing very well as usual, the builders say we can move in in about a month and we are getting the big gun shipment from Peru tonight" he hesitates for a bit, "Av, Rom has a point. This has been going on for too long and yo-" 

"I GET IT, OK? Just..." I took a deep breath. "I got it under control" I can see they don't believe me but they thankfully drop it and leave. 

Ugh, I'm getting a headache. 

God this is so stressful! Usually, when I deal with stress or anger, I break stuff. Whether it's a human body or a punching bag, doesn't make a difference to me... the only real difference is the blood.