1

Avery's pov

It's 4:22 AM and I can't go back to sleep, mostly because of the searing pain in my ribs from my last 'lesson'. Trying to ignore the pain, I hobble into the bathroom.

Gazing at myself in the mirror, even with my clothes on, I can still see the bruises, cuts and burns on my skin. No wonder he hates you. Just look at you... Even dogs look better. That's the voice I keep hearing, always bringing me down and always getting me into more trouble, well, in the morning at least. It usually leaves me alone but it sure has a mind of its own.

After going through the painful process of removing my clothes, I turn the faucet and let the cold water fall onto me, wraping me in it's cold embrace. I try to rinse off the blood and clean my bruised body the best I can before stepping out of the shower and drying myself with an old rough towel. I think it used to be light blue, but now it's a dark brownish colour. I should get a new towel cause this is truly disgusting.

I get dressed and gaze over to the clock on the wall.

5:53 am.

Shit. Oooooh, you are in trouble! I can feel the voice smiling as it teases me.

I rush down to the kitchen and start cooking for my father. He always eats breakfast at 6 am sharp, so that he has enough time to get ready for school. Yes, I said school. I am a freshman and I go to a school that goes from first grade to senior year of high school, my father is the principal of this school. So I'm sure you can imagine my torture, at home and in school.

At 6 am sharp, my father comes down just as I finish making breakfast.
7 minutes. New record.
As he sits on the chair by the counter, I place a plate of tostadas (toasted bread) and tortilla espanola (potato omelette) in front of him. Even though we live in America, Father always wants a spanish breakfast.

I go to grab an extra tortilla for myself, but quickly pull my hand away after realising what I had done. Father looks at me with fury in his eyes," Avery, did you forget your punishment or do we have to repeat last night?" I avert my eyes to the floor and silently shake my head. "Good because I am sure you remember that part of your punishment, was no food for a week. Now go to school and don't be late".

I darted out the door with my school bag in my hand and started my 30-minute journey to school.

My parents divorced when I was born because they didn't want a daughter, but also didn't want to give me up for adoption so they ended up having a divorce. My so-called 'mother' won custody of my seven brothers and my father got me.

Even though he hates me and hurts me everyday of my life, he's still my dad. No matter what... I still love him.
He's all I got.

You can stop talking to me now, we arrived. I walk through the school doors with a smile plastered on my face, heading towards my locker. As I get my books out, my father walks up to me, obviously pretending to be a lovable dad and lays his hand on my arm "honey, could you come by my office quickly before class?" He kisses my forehead and walks off.

Oh no. I hope it's nothing bad... me neither... our temple must heal first! Oh, you're on my side again. Always love, girls for life! I slowly walk to the principal's office, dreading every step. Even though I don't want to go, I remember what happened the last time I disobeyed him...

...

TW

Father had told me to have dinner ready for him when he comes back home, and usually, he comes home around 8:20 PM. But since the universe hates me, like everyone else, Father had arrived at 7 pm and didn't see any food on the table. Oh, you are in soooooo much trouble! He grabbed me tightly by the arm and dragged me to his room, throwing me onto the floor.

I am normally not allowed in his room, so I knew nothing good would come out of this. He started yelling and cursing at me calling me a bitch and a useless spoiled brat. He then unbuckled his belt, took off his trousers and boxers and threw them on the floor.

I was yelling, begging him to stop, screaming, "please father please don't do this-" "SHUT UP YOU BITCH!!" he slapped me hard in the face. Father had somehow managed to get me on the bed with him on top of me and before I could push him away, he had ripped off my pants and thrust his member into me. "If you scream, I will make it hurt even more", he warned so I tried to keep the screams inside, though a few whimpers escaped.

...

I don't know how much time passed, but when I woke up, I was in immense pain and had a hard time walking for weeks.

I was nine years old when my father raped me for the first time... he still does it. But hey look on the bright side... I'm not a virgin anymore. 

That's not something good honey... Father says virgins are weak and weird, he says he is doing me a favour.

I knock on the office door and enter when I hear a loud 'come in'. Father is standing in front of the window with a glass filled with way too much scotch. " Your mother passed away due to cancer, so my sons are moving in with us. I will be picking them up at the airport and we will be home by 6. Have dinner ready by then." As soon as he dismisses me, I rush to class, already dreading going home.

---

I arrive home and start cooking dinner. I'm not sure anymore of how many brothers I have so I will just make enough for about six people. I'm sure no one would make so many babies.

I decide to make spinach ravioli with a creamy parmesan sauce, chicken paella and garlic bread.

By the time I finished cooking the food and setting the table, I heard my father's car enter the driveway. I rush up to my room as I hear chatter by the front door.

I know my father wouldn't bother me for at least 4-5 hours so I quickly got changed into my favourite washed-out black ripped jeans, a black loose tank top and my black cropped jeans jacket. And to finish the look, my black combat boots.

I grab my car keys and jump out the window, climbing into my matte-black 2019 Aston Martin Vantage. As I drive, I get a call from my second in command, Joseph. "Talk to me". "Hey boss, we caught a spy sneaking around in our club, Lux. We tried but he won't talk." "I'm on my way." I end the call as I speed to the warehouse, dodging all the cars in my way.

-----

Please vote and comment :)
Don't be a ghost reader.

-Lilli