(39) Liar 🔥

Quilo and I had been wandering through the streets for a while now, trying to find a place to stay. Everywhere had been full. We now stood before the last option, a small but warm-looking inn. We hadn't stopped long after that first and last dance as we'd decided we needed to find somewhere to stay before it got too late. It had been a night I'd certainly never forget and I had to admit i was a little sad that it had been over. Once we returned to the castle I'd likely never be let outside again, never mind dance with anyone. It was strange to think that a few months ago the idea of dancing with Quilo had made me want to throw up, but now it made me... curious.

He hadn't been gentle when we'd danced. he hadn't hurt me, he'd just been sure of himself. I could still feel the gentle press of his fingers against my skin as we twirled and spun across the dance floor. My cheeks were a little warm from all of the wine I'd had. I didn't mind though, it pushed away some of the biting colds that had scuttled in with the dark. "here we are" Quilo whispered, pushing open the worn wooden door. He'd been quiet since we left, a silence i hadn't felt since those cold days trudging through the forest. It made me wonder whether he too was disappointed the evening had come to a close.

Inside the inn was fairly simple, only a desk and a small waiting area occupied the space. "Hello!" the friendly-looking woman at the counter greeted, looking up from whatever it was she was working on. "two rooms please," Quilo asked, casually putting his hands in his pockets. I smirked at him, clearly, the frosty prince got cold too. The woman flicked through her book, "unfortunately we only have one room left." My smile dropped. "And there is only one bed." Quilo looked over at me, a smirk threatening the corner of his lips, I resisted the urge to punch him. "that'll do" He said, pulling the coins from his pocket and tossing them onto the desk. I fidgeted with the strap on my bag, Quilo and I would be sharing a bed. Quilo and I would be sleeping next to each other. Gods. He threw me a taunting grin, then stalked for the stairs.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Standing in the doorway of the room I gaped at the small space. The bed sat in the centre of the room, a simple table sat on either side. Another door led to what I presumed was the bathing chamber. My attention again drifted back to the bed, I wasn't entirely sure it could be considered a double. It was large but definitely not large enough for me to pretend I wasn't sleeping next to him. I shivered, clearly, this place hadn't discovered the wonders of heating or fireplaces.

"Anala are you just going to stand there all night?" Quilo taunted, chucking our bags into the bathroom and closing the door since there wasn't enough space for them in here. I glared, slipping inside and shutting the door. I'd never realised it before but Quilo's presence filled the space like he owned every inch of it. Technically as future king, I supposed he did in a way.

Quilo tugged off his jacket, then his shirt and then when I noticed him fiddling with his zipper I looked away. "what are you doing?" The rustle of clothing stopped so I looked back over at him, finding his lips set in a wicked smirk. "I sleep naked remember?" he chuckled, hands returning to his zip. I found it harder to not remember. "you don't when we're sleeping together" I bit out, pink creeping into my cheeks as I realised what I'd said, "I mean sleeping in the same bed." Quilo sighed, "fine princess. I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable while we're sleeping together... I mean, sharing a bed." I glared at him, my ears flaming red.

He returned from the bathroom a moment later wearing a large t-shirt and briefs, my t-shirt. "hey, that's mine!" I squeaked, my hands clenching into fists at my sides. Quilo laughed, then draped himself across the bed, right in the middle. "Is it? if I remember correctly I said you could borrow it, not have it." He was right, but perhaps I was still borrowing it? I flashed him a smile that was all teeth, "I don't have anything else to wear". Quilo offered me a lazy content smile that made me see red, "that's fine by me". I let out an exasperated huff and stomped my feet, an action that would've been normal if I was four. He laughed and tugging my shoes off, I threw them at him. It bounced off the hard muscle of his shoulder before sliding to the floor. "ouch" he huffed sarcastically, frowning at where it had landed. I glared at him, then slipped into the bathroom.