Chapter 17

I was laying on the floor of the living room staring up at the ceiling

          I was laying on the floor of the living room staring up at the ceiling. I had been for the past twenty minutes. "And what the hell does that supposed to mean?" Mel rang out. "That I kissed him first and then he evened the score, I guess. I don't know!" I exclaimed. Who says that? Who devours somebody's mouth that way then acts like it was to settle some imaginary score? I was reeling ever since. "And he's really that good of a kisser?" she asked again. "That was the hottest kiss I've ever experienced, yes" I threw my arm over my eyes and groaned. 

"Babes, he likes you. I know it. You know it. Even Jasp knows it. Our Alpha wouldn't just kiss somebody he didn't want to kiss, especially that way. It wasn't a peck girl" she snorted, sitting with her legs tucked underneath her on my sofa. "What'd Jasper say?" "I haven't told him" I admitted sheepishly. "Why not?" she asked. 

"Because I feel like he's going to get annoyed, like, he's been sticking up for me against his best friend and yet we keep just making out like it's nothing" I sat up to gage her reaction.

Her head tipped to the side like she was contemplating this. "I guess you have a point. This haters to lovers thing is going to confuse everyone" she laughed. "We aren't lovers!" I exclaimed. Two kisses meant nothing, or so I'd like to think. 

"All I'm saying is...he kept your flower ring...the big sap" she started cracking up now at herself. I tried not to laugh. "He denied that being mine" I reminded her. "Of course he did. You think he'd fess up to something like that? With that pride and ego, no way." I shook my head but said nothing else. "So what happens now?" she asked. 

"Uh...I'm going back to avoiding him."

-

          Grace, Jasper, and I went wandering the woods after I helped buy groceries for the elder wolves today. Jasper wanted to take pictures and her and I volunteered to tag along. Us girls wore matching white boho dresses and while my hair was my normal blonde and wavy hers was a cinnamon color a bit lighter than her brothers and straight. He wanted to capture us in the fields just running through them and twirling for motion shots where our dresses could show movement even in the still frame. I felt like I was becoming a wolf myself. It wasn't at all hard for me to wander the woods in a dress and flat shoes. I had become very in tune with nature and had healthy legs with the amount of walking I'd do. 

"Here" Jasper stopped us as soon as he found the spot he wanted. He had a good eye and he would be picky about where he wanted to shoot if the image wasn't perfectly how he pictured it. It wasn't a sunny day at all. The sky was flat but the wind was warm. "Grace, you look this way and Mira I want you to turn a bit more to this side. Cool, now twirl" he coached us. Her and I were laughing because we felt silly but it was also fun.

        We'd packed some snacks so we could spend more time out here without having to worry about going back for food or anything. Once Jasper was satisfied with some shots we took a seat on the ground and started passing food around. "Mira, what're you going to do for your birthday?" Grace asked. My birthday is coming up this week. "I don't really have anything planned" I shrugged. "It's your 18th you have to celebrate it" she practically whined.