75: Last to rest

Mornings were not Shouta's favourite time of day, neither were afternoons or evenings but mornings sat snuggly down there at the bottom, especially when he hasn't slept a wink. The abstract feeling of loneliness and stillness got to the man, no loud blonds, no insane bosses, no kids running and screaming with their quirks. There was nothing to stop his mind from wandering to places that would be better left buried deep in the man's mind.

This is why when he got an email from the rat god at 4 in the morning he didn't hesitate to jump out of his bed and walk, defiantly not run at full tilt, towards his boss's little cabin on the outskirts of the woods. The hybrid once said something about being one with nature and getting back to his roots but honestly, Shouta couldn't care less, the place was serene. Why would he even take a second to hesitate? Sinking further into his capture scarf, the man slid himself silently through the cabin, not making a sound as he made a beeline for the study on a route he'd travelled countless times before.

Silently, the pro opened the wooden door with the same effect as he had in the rest of the house, before walking in and sliding himself into an all too familiar bright yellow bean bag. The same as his sleeping bag.

'I see you're taking the yellow one as usual Shouta' The principal hummed. Said the man said nothing sinking further into the seat, keeping his gaze firmly on the principal.

'So your godly eminence, your holy cheesiness, the supreme lord of our pathetic existence, what reason exists on this mortal coil that you would dare call me during my slumber?' Aizawa asked, still completely submerged in both the beanbag and scarf.

Nedzu chuckled, his eyes flicking to the man for a moment before focusing back on a weirdly shaped laptop.

'Well my dead insomniac if you must know, it's because I am tendering my resignation.'

Aizawa didn't say a word but slowly lifted himself forward, perching on the edge of the beanbag and making a confused look.

'What?'

Nedzu waved his paw in the air, 'It's neither here nor there my friend. What is intriguing though is the very reason I am quitting.'

'And that would be?'

The tips of Nedzu's mouth snaked upwards into an intimidating look, 'Why didn't you know? There's no such thing as an ethical legal system!'

'...what?'

'Confused? I know I am my dear Shouta. You see if you remember all these horrible agendas that have been pushed as of recently all seemed far too convenient for that old fool who died in a fucking tux! I mean come on it was a di-,' Nedzu stopped, took a deep breath and slowly lowered his paws which had managed to sneak their way into the air during the conversation, 'Sorry, I am a tad bit... emotional at the moment.'

Aizawa nods, 'As expected, continue.'

'Yes, yes. Anywhos now that the fashion disaster is dead I thought, hey! Maybe no more stupid political agendas, so I stopped focusing so closely on my political pu- contacts. To make a long story short, while I was looking away they managed to pass multiple legislations allowing for the branding to be done on every person deemed dangerous. Quirks they don't like, the villain's in your family, weak quirks, people of Chinese or had relatives from the old Empire of Jong-Un, just a few things to name they are going to be actively prosecuting against.'

Aizawa hummed before raising his hair from its usual loose style into his more formal ponytail, 'I see... by your standards that would make me and you a target along with a large number of both the faculty and student body branded without a doubt and the rest left with a... large risk. Am I correct in my assumption?'