30| Jitters

Published on 31th January 2022.
_____________________________

I have an ASL tomorrow and I'm freaking nervous.
Plus the Vivas which are gonna start by Friday.

Vote, comment, share, follow...
Happy reading.

– D H R U V –

– D H R U V –

I had to do it today.

It's today or never!

I rolled the sleeves of my white shirt up and gazed the semi-dark sky through window. Sun was in the process of rising up, making a new hope rise inside me in similar way.

I descended the stairs and saw dad ordering people around. As soon as his gaze fell on me, he gave me a distasteful look and paced towards me.

What did I do now?

"What's this?" He gazed me from head to toe.

"What?"

"Your clothes. Why are you wearing white? No one's dead. Go and change them. Wear the blue shervani Anamika selected for you."

"Dad, it's not my wedding. Three hours are still left for the ceremony to start. Don't worry."

"You're attending your sister's wedding for the first time. No excuses. Go and change." Dad scolded and I released a deep sigh. He turned around to look after the arrangements and I followed him.

"Can I ask you something dad?" Just when I heard him humming, I asked, "Where is Divya?"

"Sleeping."

Now that was something I hated!

We both need equality.

Either she needs to wake early or I get to sleep till late.

But I'm not a sleep person.

Still, we need equality.

So, she needs to wake early.

"You need to wake her up. It's her wedding in a few hours!" I spoke and dad sighed.

"You think I didn't try? She's adamant, just like you. Neither you want to help me take my workload off, nor she. You both are same." I closed my eyes and cried mentally.

Not today dad, atleast not today!

Without speaking a word against him, I backed off and walked to Divya's room. Turning the knob of door, I stepped in and saw her sleeping in an abrupt position. Poor girl is gonna have terrible arm and back pain!

'Bride called off her own wedding because of back pain!'

How would such a news sound?