Chapter 15

Warning: This chapter contains violence, abuse, some anxiety, and a lot of offensive/triggering language (Mostly swearing and homophobia) Please read with caution and take care of yourselves.

Oliver's POV

The week goes by fairly quickly. Sam and I hang out with Ash and Leah when we aren't talking to my mom or at his house and Dad hasn't even tried talking to us. Mom says he's been ignoring her too and I still have a bad feeling. "Sam?" I find him in the living room after my shower. "What's in this room? The one that's always closed?" I gesture to the door as I go closer to my boyfriend.

"Oh, that's sort of like my art studio. I keep my paintings and stuff in there," he stands up from the couch, pausing the TV. "Want to have a look?"

"If it's okay with you," I nod. I don't want him showing me if he isn't comfortable with it.

"Come on." He chuckles as he takes my hand, turning me back towards the closed door as he opens it. Inside, the floor is stained with paint splatters and the walls are covered with canvases hanging. There's a load of paint and empty canvas around the room as well as an easel next to a paint-covered desk with brushes, pencils, and markers all over it.

"Wow," I look at the different paintings hung around the room while a few are leaning against the wall. "Wait." I pick up a painting of me from its spot against the wall. "Is this me?"

"Yeah," Sam scratches the back of his neck. "I painted that after we got ice cream the first time. I wanted to remember how the sunset made you glow, I guess."

"It's amazing. All of these are," I smile at the different scenes around the room, setting the painting back in its spot. "Who's that?" There are a few paintings of a woman smiling. Some have more realistic colors while others have different colors to make it a bit more abstract I think. She's pretty and in the more realistic ones, she looks a bit like Sam. Same black hair though hers goes past her shoulders, and the same emerald eyes.

"That's my mom," the boy's voice is soft as if he doesn't want to shatter the silence in the room. "A few of these are memories I managed to paint and a few are just pictures I found and decided to put on a canvas."

"Oh," I nod. "She looks nice."

"She was," Sam nods as he comes closer to me once more. "The best parent I could've ever asked for. She always found a way to make me laugh. Even if I was upset or something. She helped teach me how to paint and draw."

"I wish I could've met her," I rest my head on his shoulder lightly.

"Me too," I can hear the smile in his voice. "She would've loved you." He wraps his arm around me and I look at the different paintings for a little longer before we leave the room.

"What should we do today?" I ask as the two of us relax on the couch.

"We could just stay here," the green-eyed boy pulls me close from behind so I'm basically in his lap. "Just like this. All day." He buries his face in the crook of my neck as we sit.

"I can get behind that idea," I nod and we just sit on the couch. After a few minutes, Sam picks me up as if I'm his bride and carries me into his room where we do the same as on the couch but more comfortable since there's more space to just lay here.

"You're amazing, did you know that?" Sam rests his head on my shoulder as he looks at me, still sitting with me basically on top of him. The smile on his face and the happy glint in his eyes sends a spark of joy through me.

"You've told me a few times," I nod a little. "But I'm happy to let you continue."

"Well then," he moves so that he's sitting with his legs crossed and I'm sitting with my legs around his torso. "You are the most amazing person I know. I like every little thing about you."