Chapter 40

Rose's POV
I sat on my bed holding a sheet and a pen in my hand; I used the short chance I had to write down all the victims I was now aware of.

Dr. Martin had strictly forbidden me to work on anything that was not related to my health. He wanted me to recover without wasting a thought on Tim and all the terrible things that had happened; However, I couldn't just let it go.

I had to work with it; I had to write everything I could think of that I remembered. And it was important to me that all the victims were mentioned as well.

I didn't know one woman's name from the social welfare office, so I had to look up missing persons in Paris. As far as I knew, you could look on the Internet to see who was missing.

If I could see a picture, I would certainly recognize her. For me, this time with Lina had not been a dream; I had the feeling that everything was real.
''Didn't Louis tell you not to do that?" Tiffany laid on her bed and looked at me with a smile.

Three weeks had passed since my awakening. Tiffany had started to speak normally again, and her motor skills had improved; We were both on a good road to recovery.

But I noticed that she sleeps a lot during the weeks; even now, she just woke up from her sleep. I had also only started with the note when I was sure that she was not awake; Anything that reminded her of the terrible time I wanted to avoid as much as possible.....

I was starting to feel better too. I got complete bed rest the first week, and then I slowly started moving my legs and arms; the third week, we started walking.

Tyler was really there all the time; he stood by me, just like Louis and Tiffany. And he was also the one who always sung a song for me... I heard him even in the farm.

It got better slowly ... even if I was plagued by nightmares every night. And unfortunately, my sleep was not very good either; sometimes, I woke up two days later, and some days I had several short periods of rest.

Dr.Martin claimed that this was completely normal for me, but I noticed that Tyler was always pale when I woke up after two days of sleep; It bothered him. I wish I could give him everything back ... Because he really did everything for me... It was a burden to him, but he didn't want to show it.

''I just wanted to write down some things I had in my mind," I said with a slight smile on my lips.
Tiffany sighed and sat up, ''Rose... you can tell me if it has anything to do with Tim. By now... I can control myself very well, and besides, I wanted to tell you something."

She slowly stood up and then sat down next to me.
''I don't want you to get scared again," I murmured, reaching out my hand to her. Gently I closed it with hers and squeezed lightly.

Unfortunately, I was still quite bony, but I couldn't eat much yet; I didn't really have an appetite.
"Don't worry, I got all the therapy sessions, even at my worst. So I know how to deal with it now, but there's one thing I haven't told anyone," she sighed and looked at me with glittering eyes, ''The day when... when I was trapped in the basement, I saw a little girl. I know this sounds crazy, and ... I couldn't believe it myself. But she was there! She ..."

Tiffany searched for the right words and took another deep breath. She let it out again with the following sentence, ''Somehow only I could see this little girl. She had helped me get out of the basement and told me that I could still save you. She ... She led me to you, and she saved ... both of us. She put me in a coma. This little girl had long blonde hair ... blue eyes and ... she seemed to know you," tears slowly flowed down her cheeks.

When I finally understood the words, my blood froze in my veins.
''She was small and had a cute snub nose. She was lovely," her voice trembled. And at that moment, my tears flowed too. I covered my mouth to keep from sobbing aloud.
''I don't know if it was her ... but I had the feeling that ... it was Lina. She said that she was happy that you have such great friends."

Defrost my heartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara