Chapter 12

Jason's POV
Was I jealous? ... This could be the case. Bryan did it. I mean, okay, there were pictures of Rose and me too, even Jin and her. But the one with Bryan kind of caused a twinge in my heart. Of course, I could tell they weren't together, but I still didn't like it. But I also didn't like the way Jin looked at Rose. In the pictures, one could really think he was in love.

''Jason, why are you so weird? Why is Jin so weird? Did I do something to upset you guys?" Noah asked, pouting.
The two of us were just on our way to school. He had slept at my place because his cat wasn't with him and he couldn't find it.
''Don't worry... It has nothing to do with you," I comforted him by brushing my hand through his hair.
''But you are acting strange!" he hissed, upset, and straightened his hair again.
''Yes, I'm sorry, but I have to deal with it myself before I can talk to someone about it," I tried to explain, which made him even more curious; I noticed that because his eyes got bigger. However, his answer surprised me a lot.
"When you are ready... I'll listen to you."

Jin and Sophia caught up a little later as we nearly reached the school building.
I was surprised to see them together.
''Good morning," Noah called cheerfully and walked up to Jin, who just nodded.
''Morning," Sophia whispered shyly.
''Hey, Sophia. How are you?" Noah asked with a cute smile on his face. He liked her a lot because Sophia was always kind enough to give him sweets.
"I'm fine. Thank you for asking."
''Good, are you ready for the math exam?" I asked to lighten the atmosphere.
''Oh, yeah," Noah said confidently.
''I'll be fine," Sophia replied.
''Come on, let's go inside," Jin mumbled and looked away.

''Where is Rose?" Noah asked as he finally noticed who's missing.
''Tyler wanted to talk to her. I think they'll be a little late," Sophia said happily.
We all stared at her in confusion.
''Well, I'm just glad that I'm allowed to have a friend. And Tyler will apologize to her for everything, and then I can rest easy," she explained.
"Ah... Okay."

Jin was utterly absent... I definitely need to talk to him. Also, I had to speak to Bryan too. So I could finally get rid of the weird situation between us.
I pulled Jin and dragged him along to the classroom where we would be writing the exam, ''Hey, Jin. I know we've both been absent and preoccupied these days, but please try to turn it off now. You want to become a policeman, so you can't mess up the exam," I whispered, which woke him up again.

He smiled bitterly at me, ''Thank you. You're right."
We quickly went to our seats, and the exam started. And I, as an A-student, must say that this exam was really hard. One girl even started to cry.
However, 20 minutes before we had to hand it in, I was done. I quickly went to the front and handed my exam to my teacher.

I walked out of the classroom and texted Bryan to meet me up on the roof. Even though I didn't really have hopes he would come, I still went up ahead and leaned against the wall.
There was no one up here, and the air was pleasantly cool, too.
I thought about how I could tell him how I felt, but it was tough for me to study any sentences here alone. So I just waited and hoped that the words would come to me when I saw him. I took a deep breath in and out, a slight puff of breath coming out of my mouth.

Ten minutes later, Bryan hadn't come.
The lesson would also end in 10 minutes, then the break begins...
-15 minutes-
He will come...
-Nineteen minutes passed, and he still wasn't there.
Sighing, I headed for the door.
He's not coming...

I'm an idiot; I wouldn't even know what to say. Maybe it was better this way. When I opened the door, however, Bryan was standing right there in front. We were both staring into each other's eyes.
His hair was hanging down his face. A gust of wind whirled around us, giving me goosebumps.

''I thought you wouldn't come," I murmured after a long silence.
''I've been standing here for a few minutes, but I didn't dare to get in," Bryan frantically ran his hand through his hair.
''Anyway, now you're here," I grabbed his hand and pulled him out to the roof. At the same time, I closed the door, ''I'm glad you came at all. Thank you."
''Your hand is freezing," was Bryan's only comment.
"It doesn't matter. It's not important right now."