Chapter 68

We lean our elbows against the bridge and Derek closes his eyes. 

"Do you miss Bessie?", I ask. Am I stupid? Why will Derek miss that bitch!?

"Jazz...", Derek looks at me and shrugs. He must have thought I am insane.

The sun shines bright in front of us. Shades of orange is scattered across the sky and the sun slightly begins to go down. The view is so magnificent and so beautiful. Nature is always beyond the beauties of life.

"When was the first time you had your orgasm?", Derek questions. I am completely thrown off guard by his words. Is this the correct time to ask such questions?

"Derek.... you're such an absurd!", I mockingly say and swat his arm.

"Come on just answer it", He says and turns to face me.

My cheeks are flushed. He is really a jerk. I mentally laugh at myself for no reason.

"Come on tell me", He pushes me further. Ok, now I am sure he needs an answer.

"Well.. I had sex only to lose my virginity and then... it was you", I say and look away. I've known Derek for so long, but still talking to him about these matters makes me feel so awkward and embarrassed.

"Who took your virginity?", He asks quickly. I know Derek is curious to know about me, but I am way too uncomfortable to discuss all this. Strange right?

"I lost my virginity because of some dare given by Chris and his friends in grade 11. I had to do it because he was my boyfriend at that time", I say and shrug. Derek frowns and looks away.

"What is wrong?", I ask.

"I am jealous. You should've been only mine", He says and I can feel the air around us getting heavy. 

"Only I should touch you and know every inch of your skin. No one else can be around you Jazz..", Derek says and cups my cheek.

His words are so powerful and honest. If he did love me, I would have drained in his words.

"Derek, what do you feel for me?", I ask, staring at him. Our faces are closer and our breathing is heavy.

"I feel everything for you... I like the way you breathe, I like when you're angry with me, I like the way you laugh, I like the way you care for me, I like the way you're made just for me Jazz... Every time you cry, my heart shatters into pieces and I feel lost. I don't know what is this.. but I... I..", Derek struggles to finish his words. My eyes are filled with tears and I press my mouth against his. He pulls me closer and wrap his arms around my waist. I sweep my tongue across his and move my fingers into his hair. Derek pulls my bottom lips in between his teeth and I moan lightly. I pull away and his eyes pours into mine.

"Don't leave me", Derek almost whispers.

"I will never", I say and wrap my arms around him. I rest my head on his chest and he places a kiss on my hair. 

...........

After spending the entire day together, we come back to Derek's apartment. I don't enter inside, instead I climb into my car and Derek gives me one last goodbye kiss, before driving away. 

I turn on my phone, once I come to my apartment. 17 missed calls and 8 text messages from Shane!? I panic when I see Shane's message * Where are you!!!? *

I immediately dial Shane's number and wait for him to respond to my call.

"Hey", he says.

"Hello Shane!", I say over the phone.

"Where the hell were you Jessie? Bob is really pissed with you", Shane says.

"Everybody is busy with the event Jessie! you should've been there today!", I can tell Shane is worried about me. It was my second day at BB, and I fucked it up. I definitely owe an apology to Bobby.

"I am so sorry Shane... I..", I don't know what exactly to tell him. 

"I will be back tomorrow. I promise", I say and sigh.

"Ok see you tomorrow. Take care", he says and hangs up the call.

I sigh and pour a coffee for myself. If I need this job, then I need to keep my priorities aside and focus on it completely. I wonder if Bob will allow me to work tomorrow, or am I already fired?

Today has been a good day and I don't regret a single moment spent with Derek. I should probably introduce him to Shane. I am not sure if he will be ok with me being friends with Shane. However, it is my wish to choose my friends.

I slip onto my pajamas and prepare for tomorrow. I need to take care of the decorations for the event. But before everything, I need to apologize to Bobby. What will I tell him? Should I tell him about Derek? Will he understand?

I don't know what to do tomorrow. 

......

The next morning, I wake up early and get dressed quickly. I leave a message to Derek saying that I will not be coming to the college today. I hope he doesn't show up at the BB. 

When I come near the reception, Veronica gives me a big smile. I return her smile and ask, "Can I meet Bob now?"

Veronica nods at me and points to the conference room. "Thank You", I say and walk into the room. Bob and Shane are sitting and talking with each other. Their eyes meet mine and I try to fake a smile.

"Whoosh! I though you just flew away somewhere", Bobby says and rolls his eyes. 

"Hey", Shane waves at me. 

"I am so sorry Mr. Royston. I had an emergency so...", I am cut off when Bob stands up from his chair. 

"Are you dating someone?", Bob immediately asks me. I don't know what to tell. I cant lie to him of course!

"Yeah... well...I...", I stammer. Shane and Bob laughs at me and I am baffled.

"Come on! its ok.. you know even my wife doesn't allow me to work peacefully", Bob jokes and I chuckle slightly.

"So you mean I am not fired?", I ask with a concerned look.

"No No. I am not a devil. I can understand", Bob says and smiles at me.

"Thank you so much Mr. Royston. I will never repeat this ever again", I say and he nods.

"Ok, now you both gather your asses and start working!", Bobby says loud and mockingly, and exits the room. Shane laughs and I join him.

"Welcome back", he says and I stick my tongue out at him.

I am so happy and glad that Bob didn't make a big issue of this at all. As I told, he is more like my friend than my boss and that's why all his employees are so happy and proud to work under him. 

Shane and I get back to our respective works after drinking a cup of coffee.

Hey guys... so how are you liking Shane and Bob!! I know they are just new to the story and will take some time to develop. But In my opinion, I think Bobby is just so cool and so funny!!! What do you think? Do let me know in the comments!!!!