Chapter 11

"You got to be kidding me! Who the fuck allowed you to wear this!?", Derek yells looking at my transparent shirt. I am baffled by Derek's behavior. Why is he so bothered by my attire? He hates me and I know it. He shouldn't be caring for me. The coach gives Derek a warning to join the players in the court, but he doesn't move.

"I am not playing today!", Derek yells at his team and pulls me with him. The entire crowd is quiet as Derek and I exit the basketball court. I don't understand what is happening. Derek left his match for me? But why? I try to loosen his grip but he doesn't let go off my hand. Is he serious?

Derek and I make our way to the boys locker room. He closes the door behind and lets go off my hand. By the time I can register the surroundings, Derek steps closer to me. Our lips are only inches away and I can feel the familiar burn light up in my body. I close my eyes, recollecting my thoughts. I don't want my desperation to take over my confusions. What does Derek want from me? His words I am going to break your heart sweetie.. plays behind my mind. I need answers from him and I cant allow him to take full control over me.

"Why did you do that?", I ask firmly looking at Derek. His close proximity makes me so nervous and I feel like throwing myself at Derek. Derek in NYU sweatshirt is the hottest thing I have ever seen. His hair is supported by a metal hairband and its hardly visible. His lips, soft as ever and his blue eyes are unbearably attractive.

"Take off your shirt", Derek says, seductively and my heart skips a beat. I am already soaking by his words and my stomach flutters when he cups my breast. He leans in and places a kiss under my ear. I gasp at his touch and a shiver travels down my body. He looks into my eyes and stops his little assault. 

Derek steps back and I let out a breath which I realize I was holding back. Derek pulls down the zip of his sweatshirt and removes it. His bare skin turns my stomach and makes him look even more sexier. He holds out the sweatshirt for me.

"Here, wear this", Derek says and all my anger for him dissolves within seconds. This sweet gesture of Derek makes me want to question myself about my opinions on Derek. This is the other side of him, sweet and caring. Why cant this side of Derek be always there with him. He is so much better like this. I finally realize that I know least about this boy standing in front of me. Who is he?  Is he the 'real' Derek?

I quickly wear Derek's sweatshirt.

"Thank you", is all I can say to Derek. His concern for me has really changed my perception about him. He is not what he shows others.

"Shut the fuck up and listen to me very carefully. Next time I find you wearing such kind of clothes, I will make sure that I lock you forever in this room", Derek says.

I can't focus on his words at all. Derek is standing shirtless in front of me, but nothing seems to bother me right now.

"You really looked like some fucking slut and this time I mean it", Derek snaps and leaves the room without telling anything further. I shift uncomfortably knowing that Derek has gone out without wearing a shirt.

I am happy and confused at the same time. I do agree that my outfit was really unlikeable, but there are plenty other girls wearing the same kind of clothes every single day. Venice too wore just a lace bra on the very first day, but Derek didn't bother then.

Why does he care about me if he hates me? Why is he always rude when he can actually be sweet?

I come out of the boys locker. It feels strange to see everyone looking at me with wide eyes. I see Venice walking towards me. As she comes closer, she notices Derek's sweatshirt on me.

"What the hell!", Venice remarks looking at me. Venice looks tensed and confused. I need to tell her that Derek is not a bad guy. He is sweet and we should stop hating him.

"Hey how was the match?", I ask and wonder about the purpose of the question.

"Its Derek's sweatshirt right? I just knew it Jessie! That prick is going to ruin you as well!", Venice snaps. She is angry and worried. But I need to explain to her what had just happened. She needs to know that Derek is not someone who we think he is.

"I need to talk to you. Can we please go to the canteen?", I ask and Venice nods, controlling her anger.

.........
We grab our coffees and take a seat at the corner. "Jazz let me tell you something. Stay away from Derek. He is not what you think", Venice says calmly.

"He helped me by giving his own sweatshirt!", I exclaim. I know Venice cares for me and she is worried about me, but she doesn't have a valid reason to hate Derek and neither do I have.

"Derek has many shades and he shows you only that shade of his which you probably might like. You will only realize it when he breaks your heart, after all its only a game for him", Venice sighs. I am confused at her words. Yes Derek do has many shades, he can be all rude and sarcastic or he can be all sweet and caring. But you always tend to see the good in others and I know Derek is a good guy. 

I don't respond to Venice because I know somewhere she is right. I despised Derek as much as she did in the beginning, but now I know him. Do I really know him?  Venice is in her second year and that makes her know Derek more better than me.

We finish our coffees in silence and head back to our classes. I head to the library to collect my biology reference books, which I had ordered earlier. As I enter the room, a tall blonde wearing a maroon jacket and a black pencil skirt is standing near the counter. I take her to be the librarian.

"Excuse me", I say and the girl turns to look at me. Her face is so familiar. She has the same blueish eyes and her smile is almost similar to Derek. But before coming to conclusions, I need to ask her about it.

"I am not the librarian. She has gone out to get her tea", The girl smiles at me. I am not sure what I should do. But something in her makes me want to speak more.

"My name is Jessie Damon", I stretch out my hand and the girl shakes my hand, smilingly.

"Hey I am Isha. Derek's sister.", She tells and instantly my liking towards her increases. I was right. Derek looks exactly like her. The same blue eyes, the same blonde hair and the same warm smile. Probably she knows Derek's popularity and uses it to introduce herself even more easily.

"Oh... why are you here? Do you study here? I know Derek..." Isha cuts me off by saying, "He gave you his sweatshirt?" How does she know? Did Derek tell her?