Chapter 27: I So Want In On That

~Kylie~

I wake up and damn I feel like shit. The sun is blinding me and my stomach won't shut the fuck up. By the warm, welcoming body heat, and the magical tingles. I'm wedged between my mates. Thank the goddess they found me in time. I cuddle into Rush as it's him I'm facing hoping to sleep more but my stomach grumbles again. So with a quiet groan I teleport to the kitchen.

Bad idea because I land with a thud as my legs give out on me. Stupid fucking legs. I pull myself up on the kitchen counter and leaning on it i decide to try Luna

"Luna?"

"I'm here"

"Oh thank the goddess. You don't sound too good. You ok?"

"I'm fine. Just weak. And hungry"

"Tell me about it. I don't think I can stand. I might have to-"

"Kylie?" Jesse and Rush say urgently at the same time. I stop talking to her and hear a crash and thud from upstairs and then banging as feet pound down the stairs. They both come bursting through the door and look at me. I probably look like an idiot just sort of dangling off the side. But they must have noticed because they both reach for me and squash me between them. I can feel their hearts racing. 

"My bad. I was really hungry and teleported down here to have my legs give out on me. I didn't mean to scare you" Jesse puts me on my feet and they both step back. But I start to go down again and Jesse catches me from behind.

"What's wrong?" Rush asks in concern as he steps towards me.

"My stupid legs won't work still. Will you feed me?" I ask with pleading eyes. My stomach chooses that moment to grumble again and he laughs, pulling out a chair for me. Jesse places me in it while Rush says

"It's probably an after effect of the stuff you were given. I'm just glad it wore off. And sure I'll feed you, I could definitely eat too. Jesse?"

"Yeah" 

"Bacon sandwiches sound good?"

"Yummy. Yes please" Rush starts getting the frying pan and stuff out as Jesse sits next to me, keeping his arm around me as we wait for food. After a few minutes of him glowering at me though, I turn to him and sigh.

"Ok. Let me have it"
"What were you thinking going off by yourself?" He didn't even let me finish before he started. 

"I didn't think, Jesse. I should be able to go where I fucking please and have some privacy. I didn't know I was going to get kidnapped, did I?" I snap. I don't like his tone at all. Like it's my fault I have a bunch of dickheads after me.

"This is you, we're talking about, Kylie! There alway seems to be something happening or someone after you. I don't want to lose you and we almost did" He yells 

"That's not my fault. I didn't ask to have people after me did i? I'm sorry. I won't go out without one of you until everything is… normal I guess"

"No you won't. And not even then. This is what Parker is for? He's your blood guard and I think this time round that means a lot more than normal, because him going through what you did, so we could fucking witness it and do nothing about it, was one of the worst thing we've ever been through. Can you think about how this affects us" He snaps

"How it affects you? Are you serious? And what your saying is I'll never get to be on my own? Do things by myself? How is that fucking fair? I-"

"I DON'T CARE IF IT'S FUCKING FAIR, KYLIE. I CARE ABOUT KEEPING YOU SAFE" He roars, making me flinch away and fall off the chair.

"JESSE. Chill the fuck out" Rush yells at him. Jesse looks shocked and contrite, then gets up from his chair and bends down, reaching for me.