Chapter 7: THAT'S ENOUGH!

~Rush~

I don't take long to shower and spray myself then get dressed, as it's a ball we are expected to dress up fancy which is kind of annoying during the day, but hey ho. It is what it is. I put on my black trousers and Jean blue coloured shirt with a corded looking black belt. Grab my phone and wallet and head out my door.

Me: Are you here yet? Mum's sent your stuff over so it's in your room, you remember which one's yours right lol.

Katy: no not yet shouldn't be much longer I'll let you know though. And yes I remember lol. You're such an idiot! ❤

I get down stairs and pour a whisky while I wait for Jesse. What is taking him so bloody long. It's already been half an hour. 5 minutes later and he comes down the stairs in olive green trousers, a light sky blue shirt with a blue blazer only done up by one button.

"Sorry, she jumped me when I walked in the door to distract me while her friend got dressed. I didn't think to knock, which I was told I should do! They were trying outfits for the ball. I'm ready now and hopefully we won't actually have much left to do when we get there. Is one of those for me?" Jesse says pointing to the whisky glasses on the table.

"Yeah. Here before I drink it for you" we clink our glass and drink before heading out the door. It doesn't take us too long to walk to the Royal hall. Once there we make sure everything is ready.

When you walk through the large red double doors you come to a wide balcony, where we have the reveal or hide sections for people to pick which they want and put their blood in the specific orbs. There's then a staircase leading into the hall. Under the balcony is where the entertainment is set up, then we have all the tables and chairs and a dance floor. And the bar is along the wall on the right of the stairs.

Multiple glass doors lead out to gardens and is where there are multiple, individual toilets for such functions. It also leads to the large garden clearing and the forest for the hunt. The sacred tree is in the middle. With paths leading out onto the streets, so you don't have to go through the building.

Everything is ready and some eager people are turning up with a few of the orbs hovering above our heads already. I go back up to the orbs stations to do mine. I'd like to know who my mate is so I'm going to reveal. If my mate chooses to stay hidden until the hunt then my reveal will be ineffective. While I'm doing my orb my phone goes off, I look to see it's a message from my enforcer in regards to Nadine and they wish to speak to me as soon as possible. I finish my orb and head back down the stairs to find Jesse.

I'm already starting to feel the effects of everyone's sexually charged magic. Which the sacred tree amps up once the orbs have passed through its branches. And once the blessing is done, that's when everyone tends to have sex with someone, it's unavoidable for unmated couples. Though some manage to prolong the inevitable and won't have sex until the beginning of the ball 2 hours befor the hunt begins. Mated couples will feel it too but only for their mate and it won't be as strong due to them already being mated. And that's only those that are around working the hunt or pass through the hunt zones, it won't go through the whole territory.

When I spot Jesse as the place is really starting to fill up I see he is speaking to some of my coven high priest's and priestess's when my phone beeps again

Katy: I'm here! Jesse's mate is so funny, the signs were hilarious! We stopped at All Occasions and got matching outfits in different colours! I'd send you a picture but I only have one of Jesse's mate wearing hers though you can't see her face, she was too busy looking at herself, she thinks the skirt was too short! But she looked amazing! Anyway we're about 10 minutes away. I'm popping to see mum before I go to yours. So I'll see you there this evening. Hope everything goes smoothly. ❤