Chapter 26: His Name Is Devl...

~Rush~

"Wez, shift and take the girl. I'll keep them distracted" The one called Wez shifts quickly and I use my magic to retrieve the stuff I made for Jesse and throw it at them. The one still in human form coughs and sputters while Wez sneezes. It doesn't affect him and with a heavy push he shoots off into the sky. 

"Jesse. I'm going to cast a spell on you, but your wolfs not going to like it" 

"He will get over it. Whatever it is, fucking do it now!" I shoot a spell at him and he starts to expand and change, he's.now a giant wolf and wings sprout out of his back. He pushes off his hind legs, speeding off after Wez and Kylie. Still sprinting at the other guy. He goes invisible. I fucking hate when they do that. 

"Look. It's nothing personal. We've been paid to take and retrieve her" I spin around as it sounds like he's behind me.

"It's personal to me, she's my mate. You fucking beat her. I saw the state of her. And since when is it OK to hire people for kidnapping" I fume

"Well she didn't cooperate, I don't take kindly to being kicked in the balls. And Wez has a bit of a violent streak. I think he gets off on it. And between you and me, I know she's had worse" He laughs. I'm getting angrier and angrier. Still spinning as I don't know where he is. Then I have an idea. 

Holding my hands over each other, I collect all the 'flour' to me. Then I shoot it up and let it rain down all around us. I create a forcefield over and around me so I'm not hit with it again and watch as it sticks to the dragon, making him cough.

"Fuck!" He shouts before he starts running. The stuff is still coming down so I can't just run out there and he's getting further and further away. I'm about to open the forcefield, only keeping it above my head when Parker, in wolf form, tackles the dragon to the ground. They snarl, and fight. Parker has the upper hand as I see the dragon start to sway. He rips into the dragon's belly, biting into him and when he gets his teeth Into the throat of the dragon I shout.

"WE NEED HIM ALIVE, PARKER" He growls, not releasing the dragon's throat. Now the powder has stopped I run forward as I shout to him.

"He's almost out. I'll be back" I put a cage over them to make sure they don't go anywhere and so no one can do anything to them and use the same spell on myself as I did Jesse, except I go up as a dragon. I leap into the air and shoot off after them. 

I can see them in the distance. Jesse is not quite caught up yet, but is shipping at Wez's feet. He's never had this spell used on him before, so he's probably still getting used to moving and flying. I flap my wings back with force and go hurtling towards them. Jesse then manages to grab Wez's ankle and drags him towards him, trying to reach around and get Kylie. 

Wez turns his head and blasts Jesse with ice. Luckily he still had hold of Wez's ankle, because he doesn't let go, which forces him to start falling with the frozen deadweight hanging from his ankle. I see him huff and he turns and thaw's Jesse again. This dragon is really not bright. Luckily for us. Jesse swings his arm up and swipes his claws across Wezs face. He roars in pain and drops Kylie who starts plummeting to the ground. 

Jesse, being distracted with her fall, turns to get her but Wez snaps his jaws catching Jesse around the neck. I change my trajectory and speed towards her, hoping to catch her before she hits the ground. The closer I get the more I can see and the little sprite is standing on her stomach, trying to slow down her fall by the looks of it. But when her body starts to twist and tumble, he's knocked out of the way and she starts picking up speed as she spins. 

I try to speed up, she's so close to the ground now and I don't know if I will catch her in time. I reach out to her with my hands. I'm so close, I almost have her, but the ground is closing in fast. We're now 50 feet from crashing into the floor. Nicking her with my claw, I manage to close my hand around her and pull her into my body, surrounding her with my hands, feet and wings and turning so my back slams into the floor. The impact leaves a crater and we go tumbling, crashing through trees, until we come to a stop.