Chapter 21 [NOT A COP]

LEWIS WINTERS' P.O.V.

IT   has been a week since Crystal was sent to prison. I went to visit her but they said that she has to be in there for three weeks for her to get visitors. That didn't sit well with me. I still don't have any solid evidence to get her out and I feel so pathetic. I have never lost a case before and the feeling is sickening. I wasn't handling things quite well. I have been drinking a lot lately. I have been sleeping around with different girls and it's disgusting I know.

I need to do better. The way I am handling things isn't going to get me anywhere. I thought to myself. I had just woken up. My head was killing me. I felt like someone was hitting it with a hammer. I groaned in pain. I got up and dragged myself to the kitchen. I took some painkillers and made myself a cup of coffee. I sat on top of the kitchen counter and slowly drank my coffee. I almost choked when I girl walked in to my kitchen completely naked. Like she wasn't wearing even an underwear. "Who the fuck are you and how did you get into my house and why the fuck are you naked?" I got down from the counter. She ignored me and walked over to where the coffee maker was. She poured it in a cup and chunked it down. I watched her in disbelief. Why the fuck is she acting like she owns the house? I asked myself.
I rushed to my room and immediately spotted her clothes scattered on the floor. I picked them up and walked back to where she was. She had already finished the coffee and she was now seated on my kitchen counter. Naked.  I have to clean that spot with bleach. I grabbed her hand and dragged her out of my house. I threw her clothes at her and banged the door. I need to stop drinking.

After I calmed myself down, I went into the shower. I should start being serious with getting her out of there. She doesn't deserve being in there.

I wore green army camo pants and a black hoodie. I paired it with black and green Nike Air Jordans 1. I took my black baseball cap and my camera. I also took my wallet, phone, car keys and got into my car. I had no specific destination. I decided to drive down to where the office of the judge is at.

I pulled up in the parking lot and looked at my environment. I saw two CCTV cameras and I knew that I had to avoid looking at them. I drove off and parked somewhere else, far from the building. I decided not to carry my camera so I went with my phone instead. I walked to the building with my head hanging low to avoid the cameras.

I was about to go to the elevator but when I reached to where the staircases were, I came into a halt. Infront of me was Xavier, the Judge and two women. They all had brown envelopes. I immediately hid behind the wall that separates the stairs from the elevator and took out my phone. I opened the camera app and zoomed in their direction. I pressed the record button. All the envelopes had names written on them. The names were , THE JUDGE, THE JURY, THE MODEL. They walked out of the building and I was lucky because I could easily get a clear shot from where I was. I saved the footage and immediately sent it to my home computer.

As I was walking out, I bumped into someone and I dropped my phone. It hit the ground so hard that I was sure that the screen had broken. The man I bumped into had dropped his phone too. "Hey watch where you are going" he said with a deep voice that sent shivers down to my spine. He bent down and picked up his phone and walked out. Something about him doesn't feel right at all. I wanted to respond but I saw Xavier, the judge, and the two women shaking hands and dispersing. I picked up my phone in a rush without looking at it. I walked out quickly but they all had entered into their cars. They all pulled out of the driveway and I was left there not knowing who to follow. I quickly got into my car and drove off. I wanted to go home and set my mind straight in what I had seen.

So Xavier had bribed the judge and the jury. That's why Veronica was so sure I wasn't going to win the case.
I should have thought of investigating this earlier but I am not a cop. I said to myself.

**************************************

Thank y'all for reading this chapter ❤️