Chapter 8 [Oogling]

CRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

       I woke up feeling hopeful and a little bit jovial. Today was going to be a good day. I got out of bed and went straight into the shower. I washed my hair and I trimmed it. After I was done, I went into my closet to pick out my outfit. I decided to go with a black long sleeved off shoulder top with a pair of red palazzo pants and my black louboutin heels. For accessories, I went for my red single pearl earrings and a gold necklace that had the initial C on it. After I was done with my outfit, I decided to do my makeup. I wanted a subtle look with a bold blood red lipstick. I didn't do my eyeshadow, I just did my eyeliner and applied mascara on my lashes, did my foundation and concealer after that I went on with the lipstick. I then curled my hair. When I was done, I heard a knock on the door.

I opened the door only to see Clara staring at me. "Uh, Miss Danford, the lawyer just arrived, he said that you should meet him in Sir Barnie's office." She said " Okay Clara, thank you, I'll be there in a minute." I told her. I went back into my room to to apply my perfume. I took one last look into the mirror just to confirm that I was looking good now. I left my room and walked to the office.

When I got to the office, I was awestruck. I don't really know who I was expecting to see but I know that it isn't the man standing in front of me right now. The guy I am looking at didn't look like a lawyer at all. He looked like a fashion model straight from a magazine. He had jet black hair that was gelled backwards, bringing out his brown eyes. Those eyes, my God. He had a sharp jawline. His face was perfectly sculpted. My eyes travelled down to his outfit. He was groomed in a black two piece fitting suit and a white dress shirt, he left the three top buttons opened.

" Done Oogling Miss Danford?" He said with a smirk. He walked to my direction and held out his right hand for me to shake. I shook his hand and I was about to say something but I realized that I didn't know his name but it's like he was reading my mind because he said, "My name is Lewis Winters."

Ah thee Lewis Winters, I remembered that I once heard my dad talking about him. From what I heard, he was a very good lawyer actually the best in the country. "Nice to finally meet you Mr Winters" I said as I sat down facing him. He smiled and said " Well Let's get down to business."  I just nodded and he took out a lot of papers from his briefcase.

He then started to explain to me all the clauses that were on the Will. Apparently my great grandparents had bought shares from the US airlines which had multiplied as the years went by. They had clubs in every state. They also owned a good number of five star hotels in the country. They had left 3 beach houses in California, Chicago, and in Mexico. in my mother's name which she passed on to me together with their main house, The Danford estate. He told me that before I got a hold of everything, I had to prove myself worthy of it. They said that I had to work in a club that was owned by one of their friends here in New York. I was to work as a manager and if the club gained a 90% profit before the end of the year then I would gain ownership of everything. I signed the required documents and he told me that I could now move back into my parents house.

We then descended into lighter subjects. "So how did you get to work with my family?" I asked him.

" Well my grandfather was a lawyer, he worked for you great grandparents and your grandparent. He later died a few weeks after your grand parents died in a fire. By then I was in highschool. I saw how disappointed he was when my father refused to pursue law. I saw how passionate he was about law and I promised to take after him. So here I am, the youngest lawyer in the country." He said as he took a sip of his wine.

"That's really nice. I never really thought that I would one day meet the one and only Lewis Winters, but here I am." I said and he just shook his head. He started to arrange the papers on the desk. "Well it was nice to finally meet you in person and doing business with you Miss Winters, but now I have to take my leave." He said and I just nodded in response, I got up from my seat, I was about to take my leave when I noticed that he was staring at me.

"Who's Oogling now Mr Winters" I said with a smirk.

He smiled and shook his head, "well why won't I be Oogling  Miss Danford, you look really beautiful." He said and I know that my face was redder than a tomato. "thank you for the compliment Mr Winters, we'll talk again soon."  I responded and I walked out of the office without waiting for him to respond.

I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water. As I was going back to my room, I say him leaving the house. Before I could get into my room, Sir Barnie called me to the study room so I went to hear what he was going to say. "How did the meeting with the lawyer go?" He asked.

"It went well, he explained everything to me, and he said that I could now move into my parents house." I answered and he smiled.

"That's really nice. I'll send some workers there today to clean the house so that you can move back in when you are ready." He said and I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you so much Sir for everything that you have done for me so far, I'm really greatful, I don't what I could've done without you" I said. "You don't have to thank me my dear, well that's all I needed to know, you can go now." I nodded and left.

Hours later, I wanted to go to the living room and watch a movie, but I could hear someone's voice in there, I recognized the voice as Sir Barnie's, he was talking on the phone, all I could hear was, "did anyone get hurt?.... Did you see anyone leaving the place?.... Well the police will ask for your statements, I want all of you to cooperate  and after you are done,  I want you all to take a two days break from work" then he ended the call. I then walked to his direction.

" Is everything okay Sir?, You look so worked up, did something happen??" I asked him and he took sighed then he told me to sit down that he had something to tell me and by the looks of it, it sounded like it wasn't good news.

" I just got a report from one of the workers that there was an explosion on the estate but luckily no one was injured." I was in shock. Why the hell was the universe against me. I said to myself as tears fell from my eyes.

**************************************
Thanks for reading this chapter ❤️