Chapter 16 [PULLED THE TRIGGER]

XAVIER'S P.O.V.

What the fuck is Veronica playing at? She knows that I hate her, so why would she want to get married to me?.

Veronica is a very tactical woman. She always has something in mind. You can't get her into trouble because she'll always find a way out for herself. That's one major reason I didn't like her. She was way too much like me, calculated, egoistic, greedy and so much more.

I loved Crystie because she was calm and caring. She was selfless and she appreciated the little things in life. She was from a rich family but very humble. Her parents showered her with designer clothes, shoes and bags but she could never throw it in your face. She loved life. She carried herself with so much dignity and strength. You could almost think that she was a queen. She had a heart that was like my mom's. She cared for me as a mother would care for her child. She had a way to ease the pain and she always brought out the good in every bad. People in college adored her. She was never bratty.

When we got married, she saw how disturbed I was. She was working at her parent's company and I was just idling around with nothing to do. I tried applying for jobs but I didn't get any. I suddenly became sad and depressed but lucky for me, her parents were handing over the company to her. When she got the CEO position, she transferred ownership to me without even having second thoughts about it. She said that she was going to be a stay at home wife while I provided for her. When her parents knew what she had done, they got into a big fight. They exchanged words that none of them could ever take back. But she stood by me.

I was raised in a wealthy family. My dad had a travel agency and it was the best in the country. One day he met a friend who introduced him to gambling. At first, it brought a lot of money. He was so happy. Then he started loosing. He got addicted and instead of saving the little he had, he spent it all on gambling. He started selling stuffs like my mom's car, telling her that she doesn't need it. He then sold his own. He took a loan from the bank and used our house as collateral. When he didn't pay up the loan, the bank threw us out. He still had his company, so we could afford a smaller house. Due to depression, he started to drink. He used to come home and beat up my mom. I stood up for her but I was nothing compared to him. He could beat the shit out of me and without even getting tired. It got worse, he started to bring men to sleep with my mom just so that he could get some money and this was after he sold his company at a loss. I couldn't watch my mom being forced to prostitute just to feed his greed and selfishness. I offered to drop out of school and work instead. I worked day and night to get him the money. I had two jobs. One during the day at a coffee shop and another during the night, guarding a certain man's house. The man Mr Robert Daniels knew everything I went through. He used to pay me double. The end month salary which he told me to save up and use it to study when I'm guarding his house and save some more for college. Then he could give me money everyday to give to my dad.

One day, I came home early because Mr Robert had told me to take the night off. When I entered the house, I was shocked to see my dad taking advantage of my mom on the kitchen counter. I remembered that a few days ago, I had seen him hiding a gun under the sofa. I went and took it. Without any second thoughts, I shot him twice at the back. He fell down and crawled to the door and Left to God knows where. I don't know if he's dead or if he survived.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Veronica calling. I pressed the ignore button.
I had to figure out how to get out of this. But as for now I have to get to the attorney general's office to get this wedding over and done with before she sends her men to get me there by force. That bitch is crazy. I wasn't afraid of her but I was afraid of what she could do.

Someone knocked on my office door and then entered.
It was the delivery guy. Why was he here? I hadn't ordered anything. But To my surprise, she had bought me a two piece suit. It was navy blue. Blue wasn't my favorite color but I can't say no to a free suit. I went into my office bathroom and wore the suit. Since I didn't have a white shirt, I took out my black turtleneck shirt and wore it instead. My watch read that it was already 1:30pm. I left my office, drove off to the attorney general's office. I was ten minutes early. I parked my car and got out. As I was locking my car, I saw a man, not just any man, an old man. He was wearing dirty clothes and he had a white beard. He sat on the ground leaning against a wall, looking at my direction. Something about his gaze felt familiar. I broke eye contact with him and walked into the building.

When I walked in to the AG's office, I saw Veronica. Her back was facing me. She was wearing a beautiful gown. She looked fabulous. I still hate her though. The wedding went on swiftly and we were done.

We had called paparazzi and they never disappoint. When we stepped out of the building, the flashlights went on and off then came the questions. There were so many people but I saw one person. My dad. He was at the back. He was holding something, a gun. My heart beat started to accelerate. He lifted his gun up aiming at me. Then he pulled the trigger.

***************************************
Thanks for reading this chapter, tell me if you like it ❤️