Chapter 10- Lets face it

Christian's POV
I don't know how long I just sat in the gym room in some different world when I heard someone calling my name.

I got up and glanced at the person not caring about my appearance. It was my best friend who stared with horror in his eyes first me and then my surroundings.

Oh crap, everything is broken. What a fucking disaster

"Lucas what are you doing here?" I asked him while wiping my knuckles which weren't bleeding now with a towel. Lucas looked at me as if I had grown two heads. "What?" I asked him confusingly

"What the hell happened here Chris?" he asked curiously. "i- nothing I was just training when I hit hard so my knuckles started bleeding and then" "okay this is clearly not the story so if you can just tell me WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE CHRIS?"

I knew I couldn't lie to Lucas but at least I tried. "Well" I started but stopped short realizing I didn't have a story to tell him.

Well could I tell him about john and Hayley? I mean he knows my mafia side and I trust him a lot but would he harm Hayley in any way? No, they seemed pretty close to me yesterday.

Anyways I looked at him and cleared my throat.

Here goes nothing.

Hayley's POV
Today was full of distraction my whole drive to the office was filled with Christian and I still couldn't reach a conclusion.

When I reached my office, boss's assistant told me that he wanted to see me which made my mood slightly better. I went into the elevator, all the way to the 13th floor and knocked on his door.

"Come on in" he said as if already guessing my arrival. "Hi Hayley" he spoke sweetly as I stepped into his office. "Heyy boss" I smiled.

This is the first time I'm seeing him after the pictures went viral of me and Christian. I wanted to tell him everything but I didn't get a chance and a part of me believes he wants to see me regarding the Christian matter.

"Have a seat Hayley" he spoke as he stood up from the head chair and to the visitors chair opposite to my seat.

He looked at my face as if reading it and after a while spoke "so you and Christian? Do you want to tell me something?"

"I promise I was going to tell you but everything happened so fast I didn't even get a chance to think clearly i-" "it's okay Hayley I understand, I just want to know that you're safe and happy." "Of course I am Mathew, thank you for your concern"

he smiled faintly and rose up from the chair returning to his head chair.

Taking that as my cue to leave me also stood up when he spoke "we are going to update the last chapter of your book tomorrow if you remember" "I do sir of course" "and after that you know a success party? Just like old times?" "Yes sure!" I replied as a smile formed across my face hearing the phrase 'just like old times'

I excitedly stood up hoping for tomorrow to come soon because I couldn't wait for the book ratings tomorrow.

It was still undecided if the book was success or no. I came to my office and sat on my chair. I thought of brainstorming new ideas for a book but my mind was too nervous to think of something.

"Hey Hayley are you okay?" my friend Luna asked me. Luna was a very fun loving person you know beautiful, smart and sweet. I don't have a lot of friends but she's one of my closest and she is also a writer in the office.

"Yes absolutely" I smiled at her. "Oh okay, just tell me if you need anything." "I will" Luna was really sweet and it was one of the reasons I liked her so much.

After sitting at my chair for 30 minutes I decided to go out to a mall to maybe buy some clothes because nothing was helping right now.

Christian's POV
"So now I don't know what to do?" I concluded my whole story starting from the moment I saw Hayley till yesterday and john of course. Lucas sat across me half mouth opened staring at me in horror as he processed my story.

I waited for him to speak and thankfully after a while he did. "So you are not marrying Hayley?" he spoke in disappointment.

Seriously dude! This is what you care about right now?! "Lucas- I didn't tell you this story for you to repeat something I already know" "uhm sorry" he cleared his throat and sat with his back straight a little.

This was an indication of Lucas hopping to serious mode.

"so to conclude your story you and Hayley were never a thing until 5 days back when she saw you killing a man and you decided to get engaged to her partly because of Katherine and partly because of the mafia secret but you didn't know why your heart responded to her and her kiss in a different way but then it was all in vain when you learned that Jonathan black smith was Hayley's father as well as a really strong and deadly mafia dude, not to mention your rival." I took a deep breath "right" "fuck dude that's messed up" he said confusingly as I glared at him "I mean it's a little complicated but what about you?" "What about me?" "Do you have feelings for her?" he asked me with amusement

Hayley's POV
It was almost noon when I reached the mall and almost instantly a dress caught my attention and I entered that extremely gorgeous boutique.

I stood there in awe when a consultant approached me asking me for help. After several options I confirmed a blue beautiful gown for the party maybe but I also selected a rose pink gown and white heels."

After paying for my gowns and shoes I went out towards the car to keep them when I sensed as if someone was following me.

I immediately turned around but to my surprise the parking lot was empty and I heard my phone ringing.

I turned around and picked up my phone to answer but but froze when I read the name on the screen.

"Enzo"