Chapter 7- New faces

Hayley's POV
Christian held me by the waist as we entered the spacious seating area where everyone was already present.

Guessing by the look on my mom's eyes, she was astonished as much as I was but the difference was that she was better at keeping a neutral face.

Christian squeezed his hand around my waist signaling me to get over my day dreaming and I found a lady standing in front of me.

By her appearance she definitely looked like Christian's mom as wealth screamed from her entire body.

Trying to create a good first impression I greeted her first when she broke into a grin and pulled me in a hug. "i-I" "I'm so glad to finally meet you Hayley, oh my god you're more gorgeous in real life" she spoke while crushing me with the hug.

"Mom, she can't breathe" Christian spoke while pulling me out of her hug and close to him. "Get over yourself lover boy" she laughed as she greeted my mom and soon they became good friends as they shared some things in common.

I know right! Who knew Lara and my mom would get along but since my mom is a fashion consultant in a really famous clothing brand, she had really good fashion sense and Lara loved to stick with the trends.

"I hope you're comfortable" Christian whispered into my ear to which I nodded. "Get over it lovebirds" a young guy spoke from behind and Christian sighed in annoyance.

I looked at him confusingly when he said. "Baby, this is my youngest brother Leo and beside him is my second least favorite/annoying cousin Caleb." "That's what he calls me, you can just call me Caleb" he said smiling while extending his hand which I gladly took.

After getting a lot more comfortable I could say that Leo, Caleb and I were going to be really good friends because they enjoyed annoying the shit out of Christian and i enjoyed watching the powerful Christian being miserable for once that too because of his little brothers.

We laughed and chatted like really close friends when suddenly the seating room doors burst opened and a cold looking man came along with a woman.

Christian immediately tensed as all the eyes looked at the man while only Leo's looked at Christian. "Gavin" Christian whispered as he stood up and everything flashed in my mind.

Gavin Alfonzo, the eldest son of the Alfonzo family and the previous heir to the family business which meant an enemy to the current heir-Christian.

Gavin moved forward and sat right across me while the women followed behind him like a puppet. Gosh it's been two seconds and I already hate this man's attitude, the way his poor wife is scared of him shows how controlling he is.

I tried to control my emotions when Lara came with literal spoons in her hands informing us that the dinner had been served.

Laughing internally at my mother in law's childish behavior all of us stood up and walked towards the dining room.

I felt like my mom had completely forgotten about me as she sat with Lara while Robert Alfonzo sat on the head chair. I sat between Christian and Leo and Caleb beside Sarah.

Everyone started to eat in a comfortable silence when Leo moved to a chair beside where he was sitting and let Sarah sit next to me. Sarah came and was about to sit beside me that's when I noticed she was expecting. I didn't react instead helped her sit which (to my surprise) Gavin appreciated.

We had small talks when I finally congratulated her on the news by which she looked a little stunned. "What happened, did I say something wrong?" I whispered to which she whispered back "no, it's just no one knows about the pregnancy yet because we wanted to wait for a little while you know." "Oh I do and I completely understand, do you want me to keep it a secret?" "I'd appreciate that" she smiled.

Now I noticed that the curve wasn't really big but since she was really close to me and I noticed how she placed a hand on her belly before sitting down made me jump to conclusions.

The dinner was really comfortable (thank god!) and for once I felt really happy being around the family. We chatted for a while when once again the doors burst opened and everyone seemed a little startled as if they weren't expecting anyone.

Glancing up I saw a familiar man along with a very familiar women but couldn't get their names in my brain. "Lucas!" Christian spoke while giving him a hug.

Rightttt. Lucas Peterson, a business partner to the Alfonzo's' along with Katherine James, daughter of yet another business partner.
"Guys meet my fiancée hay-" "Hayley smith right? Gosh you're beautiful Hayley. How did you meet her again Christian?" Lucas said while laughing who was joined with Leo and Caleb as expected and the annoying Christian face. I giggled to which I received a death glare by none other than Christian.

If this is happening every time I meet all of them I absolutely love these guys!!

The entire laugh died down when Katherine walked towards me and extended her hand "Katherine James" she said in a fake sweet voice "Hayley smith" I said not liking her fake attitude. Guessing the tension I guess everyone thought the same- well this is awkward.

"Baby why don't you accompany me to the kitchen, let's check the desserts?" lmao did he just say he wanted to check on desert when he literally had a separate employee for doing it!! "But Christian Th-""mom we'll take care of it right Hayley?" "He said while looking at me his eyes begging me to save him.

"Of course lets go" I said as I glanced at Katherine who looked super annoyed and then Leo Caleb and Lucas who were grinning like babies at this tactic of Christian to ignore a conversation.

Christian held my wrist and quickly took me to the kitchen which was apparently empty. He asked me to sit on the chair which I did as I looked up at him.

"Firstly, you were great today- I love how you handled Gavin's attitude and every annoying family member of mine." He said "If you mean Leo and Caleb I absolutely loved them." I giggled "It was your first meeting with them Hayley" he spoke rather annoyed. "Are you jealous" I teased him while making my most innocent face. "Yea right" he said as he glanced down at my face.

We stood like that for a while when his lips came crashing down on mine.

It took me a second to realise that he was kissing meeee?!!!!