PANIC

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

-

"Muna, please. Don't do this," Amanda begged for what felt like the hundredth time, but my mind was already made up.

"I'm sorry, Amanda. I don't have much of an option."

"You do have an option," Amanda said angrily, hurrying up to catch up with me as I stormed out of our high school. Her mane of curly hair bounced around her head as she moved. "My parents are willing to help you in any way that they can. They don't want you taking part in this anymore than I do."

I stopped abruptly then and turned to stare at Amanda. I could see the look of desperation across her face, the pleading in her eyes. It tugged at my heart, but I swallowed it back down.

"Look, I understand that. And I'm grateful for you and your parents but I can't rely on my best friend's parents to support me for the rest of my life just because mine are shitty and can't see past my sexuality-"

"Muna, please-"

"No." I said firmly, cutting her off from going into yet another series of lamentations. "I'm going to take part in the game. I need the money, end of story."

Amanda's expression changed there, morphing into something filled with anger.

"I can't believe how stupid and irresponsible you're being right now, Muna." Tears had begun streaming down her face, and I was blinking furiously to keep mine at bay. "You're so irrational you're going to throw your life away, huh? Is it really worth $50,000? And who says you're going to win, anyway? Remember what happened to those kids last year? They died, Muna! They died."