fourteen

"I was reading about it online the other day, and apparently weight training is like really good for your fitness and I've been trying to get fitter and stronger, so can you tell me how to like do it properly?" I asked Jacob, during breakfast.

I was pretty scared about doing something wrong, because I remember a few years ago, my dad badly injured himself because while using weights.

"Oh, sure, whenever you're free?"

"Tomorrow evening?"

"I'm busy, today fine?"

"Yeah, yeah sure,"

I'd ask Levi, but he took his workout time super seriously, and he was always super zoned out and stuff while working out. I think that was his way of dealing with his shit, and the only reason he was capable of being such a sweetheart all the time.

After breakfast, besides the two classes I accidentally skipped (I napped for longer than intended), my day was excruciatingly slow and boring.

I ended up eating lunch with a random dude from my biology class because everyone else was busy.

Finally at 4, I changed into my little cycling shorts and a huge workout top, and finished one of my old painting as I waited for Jacob.

My phone began to ring and I picked up up the call from Jake,

"Hey, you ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, about that.....I'm really sorry but I need to go for football practice."

"What?"

"Yeah, tryouts are tomorrow, but Aiden was going to workout anyway, he said he'll help you,"

"What? No, no, no, no no no no no"

"Sorry Jones, I need to be quarterback this year,"

"Fine, so we'll just reschedule,"

"Come on, I already told him. It's not a big deal-

"Jake please, I don't even know him well,"

"He doesn't even mind, why are you like this," he laughed.

I sighed. Ahh it would be weird, I don't know Aiden well enough. But also it's just one time, what's the worst that could happen.

"Ugh, okay...?" I said hesitantly.

"I'll make it up to I'll buy you ice cream tonight," he laughed.

"Fine."

What the fuck.

I awkardly walked to the gym with and pulled the door open. Aiden was already there, and I was being extremely. fucking. awkward.

"Hey," I mumbled.

Aiden looked at me, and did that weird eyebrow raising greating thing.

Luckily there wasn't anyone else in the gym. He panted, pulling his ear plugs out, and walking around.

"You want to like warm up first?" He asked, still out of breath.

"Uh..yeah,"

"Okay, let me know when your done," he said, picking up a small 7kg dumbell in his hand.

I did some light cardio as a warm up, way on the other side of the gym, not that it was very big, and told him that I was done, all while my palms were sweating and well I was just weirdly jittery, I don't even fucking know why.

"Okay, do you want to do legs or upper body?" He asked, pulling his ear pulgs out again, and placing his phone on of the desks.

"I...uh..I...don't know?"