thirty nine

"Hey, Hayley...Jake," Cassidy smirked.

"I'll see you later," she said to Aiden and walked past me, out of the room.

I felt like a huge rock hit the bottom of my stomach, and my heart rate increased, but not in the good way, not in the way that it does when I stare into Aiden's gray eyes.

I cleared my throat softly, "umh-

"Aiden what the fuck?" Jacob said from beside me.

"I'm..just here to give you this," I said, my voice sounded smaller than I liked.

It made me so uncomfortable that there was so much to him that I didn't even know about. I didn't know who he used to be before this year, and how Cassidy used to be, and the history they have.

I honestly didn't even know the kind of person that he was, and it also made me uncomfortable that I cared so much.

I just thought that for some reason he'd tell me if something was going on between them.

The worst part is, I didn't even realize I trusted him so much.

And what the fuck? He didn't do anything wrong. At all. I didn't even fukcing like him as anything more than a friend....right?!

I looked at Aiden, who was starring back at me.

"I'll see you later," I mumbled, and turned on my heel.

I walked to class feeling uncomfortable.

I sat down in my seat, and couldn't stop thinking about Cassidy and Aiden, and the fact that was thinking about it was pissing me off more than anything, as I've said multiple times now.

After my first class, I headed to English, and sat at my usual seat.

I was lost in my own thoughts when the chair beside me Scrapped against the floor roughly.

I looked up and saw Aiden and internally groaned.

"Hey, can we talk," he said.

I looked up at him and sighed. "Whats up?" I asked, knowing that he didn't even owe it to me to tell me if something was going on between him and Cassidy.

He cleared his throat.

"I don't know why...but I just wanted to tell you...that there's nothing going on between me and Cassidy," he said,

"If there was, it's none of my business, I just..didn't expect you guys to be all...I don't know, I was shocked," I replied softly.

He narrowed his eyes at me momentarily, "I'm just saying...I would tell you if something was going on, between us, and its really not," he said.

"Okay..." I mumbled.

"Hayley I really li-

"Will you two stop talking please Mr.Gray and Miss Jones, you can continue your conversation after class," he said, and I sighed.

At lunch it was just me and Scarlett, because the guys had football practice or something.

After lunch I decided to nap, because I hardly slept last night.

***

Over the next few days, I almost hardly interacted with Aiden.
He was pretty busy with football, and I was working on the mural for his father's hotel a lot.

I was still very excited about the opening of the hotel.

Things were pretty boring, I barely saw Cassidy or Michaela around, Scarlett and I were together during most of the day which was nice, but overall, quiet uneventful....well, until the game on Saturday.

I wasn't initially planning on going, but Jacob seemed actually nervous, and he asked me to go, so I decided I'd go for a while.

I put on my Jacket and locked the door behind me, with some bottle of glucose Levi asked me to get for him.

I walked to the stadium, and went into the small room where the football team was.

There were a few other people there as well. Levi saw me enter and walked over with Jacob, who looked surprisingly worked up.

"Hey," I smiled, giving Levi the bottle.

We spoke for a while, Jacob explained that this was not just 'any another game' hence the nervousness.

After a few minutes the guys went out to warm up, and I waited there for Scarlett because finding her in the stands wouldn't be easy. I sat down on one of the benches, when Aiden walked in.

"Hey," he smiled, placing his bag on the bench.

I gave him a small smile back. "You came," he said,

We'd earlier spoken about how I wasn't planning to go.

"Yeah," I sighed.

He pulled his hoddie off, exposing the lower part of his sculpted abs, before he got a pair of shoes out of his bag and began wearing them.

He pulled of his two rings and bands off hid hand, and began undoing a small chain he wore on his wrist.

"Can... you take this off?" He asked hesitantly.

"Sure," I mumbled, and pulled the clasp off as he stuck his arm forwards. My eyes trailed the little scars across his wrists, and I took a deep breath in.

He opened his mouth the say something, when the door swung open, and Cassidy walked in,

"Uhmm...Hi?" She said, letting out a small...sarcastic? Laugh.

"I found this in my room," she said, giving Aiden one of his hooddies.

Damn.

"Aiden!" Jacob called from outside, and Aiden said a quick bye and rushed off.

"Hayley!" Cassidy said enthusiastically.

"Hey," I said, trying my to be as nice as I could possibly.

She let out a loud breath,

"okay, listen here, I know you think you're all that, coming here, and sleeping with every guy who's pants you could possibly get into, but here's the thing. I was here first, and I can get any guy you can. I got with Asher, and I will get Aiden. Until then, do yourself a favour and stay the fuck away from him or I will find out every single thing you've done to regret, and I will make sure that everyone knows every little detail about your fucked up life,"

"Uhm, excuse you, and I thought Michaela was two faced," I said,

Damn. Jacob, Levi, Ryan and Scarlett really were right.

"I suggest you don't say anything you'll regret, because I can easily take you, any day,"

Take me where. But fr, this bitch wants to fight?!

"Wow really ? Cause I dont know if you've noticed, but my leg doesn't fucking work," I said, and before she said anything, Scarlett walked in.

"Hey, games....starting," she chirped.

Cassidy strutted out of the room after flashed Scarlett a wide smile, and I let out a breath.

Damn.

"What did she say?" Scarlett asked.

"Nothing let's go?" I said, and we walked out to the stadium to watch the game.

****