Chapter 32: I Don't Have A Crush!

We answered all the questions of the needy parents before looking ourselves in my room. We sound proofed it and I started talking. Not all the specific details but just how I had a crush and she didn't accept me. Technically I wasn't lying. He was silent before he said,
"That's hard. I'm lucky I didn't have to go through rejection. I actually have a secret. Can I tell you?"
"Of course. But a question first." He nodded.
"Does this have anything to do with Wade?" Wade was a guy at school. One of Peter's friends. Peter blushed.
"Yes. I may have sorta developed a crush."
"I knew it!"
"What?"
"Oh come on Peter you blush whenever he's around. And that's from what I saw today. Why don't you just ask him out?"
"I don't know. I mean I know he's bi too, but..." he trailed off.
"You don't know if he likes you back."
"Exactly."
"Yeah I understand." I hugged him. We stayed there before he pulled away. "Alright I'm hungry. And I can smell Bucky's cookies from here."
"You think Steve's there?"
"You think they like each other?" I asked.
"Oh yeah. It's very obvious." I laughed.
"I am playing matchmaker today." We walked out and grabbed a couple cookies. Bucky smacked my hand with a spatula. "Hey! What was that for?"
"They just came out of the oven. It won't kill you to wait a couple minutes." I pretended to fall over. Peter caught me.
"But how will I survive when the aroma of Bucky's world famous cookies is wafting into my nose?" He smiled.
"Alright fine. You can take one. Only one." I outed but grabbed a cookie. I stuffed it into my mouth and sighed. Steve laughed.
"You ok over there Abs?"
"I think I'm having a delicious overload."
"Well I'm glad you like them." Bucky said.
"Well your cookies are the best." Steve stated. I grinned at Peter. I could see Bucky's cheeks turn pink. I sighed loudly.
"You guys are hopeless!" Steve and Bucky turned to me.
"What?"
"Seriously we all know you both like each other. Just admit it already. I can almost see the wedding." Bucky and Steve both turned red before making lame excuses and dashing out of the room. I chuckled. They would get together soon enough. Then Tony came in.
"Hey kiddos how was school."
"Pretty good." Peter said.
"Not as bad as I thought it would be." Tony smirked.
"I told you. What class is your favourite?"
"Right now, robotics and engineering. The other stuff bores me." Tony nodded.
"Any friends."
"One."
"And?"
"His name is Jake." Tony raised an eyebrow. "No I don't have a crush. Seriously."
"Whatever you say kiddo." I stuck my tongue out at him.
"I'm going to find Nat. Maybe she'll actually be a decent person."
"I take that to offence."
"Good!"

I found Nat in the training room.
"Oh hey squirt. How was school?"
"Not that bad."
"Cool. What subjects?"
"Right now Math, Robotics and Engineering, Natural Sciences and Computer Science. But next semester they figure what class to out you in based on your highest marks."
"Well that's good. How are the teachers?"
"Eh most are pretty boring. Except for Tilly she's amazing! She's the R and E teacher.
"Any friends?"
"Yeah one. I met him when he came into the office this morning after a fight."
"Him?" I groaned.
"No Auntie Tasha I don't have a crush. Why is that all everyone worried about?"
"Sorry kid." She put her hands up in surrender.
"Oh and Bucky's cookies are upstairs. Take as many as you want before he comes back."
"He's not protecting them?" She mock gasped.
"I embarrassed him and Steve."
"You told them to start dating?" I laughed.
"Yeah. They really need to get together.
"Yeah they do."
"Where's Uncle Clint?"
"Probably in his vents."
"I'm going to find him."
"Good luck."