Chapter 21: No One Is Mad - Loki

The wings were slowly growing out. The glinting metal was growing and growing until there were two giant wings on her back. They looked sharp and deadly, and Abby? She had this aura coming off of her. A deadly feeling and you couldn't not listen to her. Everyone was transfixed. We all kept taking steps back as she approached us. Nat was standing behind her with a worried look on her face.
"So you know what, you can leave me alone!" She shouted and flipped a knife by our heads. Then she stormed out of the room, fuming. We were all in shock. Until Steve spoke.
"I'm sorry Nat." I looked up. Nat was fuming, like murderous rage mad. She tried to keep her anger in check as she said,
"I told you not to upset her." Her voice was low but dangerous.
"We didn't know Nat! How are we supposed to know what would make her mad?" They started to argue. I examined the knife in the wall. It had an intricate pattern, it almost looked like a feather. I couldn't stand it anymore. Abby was definitely somewhere in the tower; probably somewhere on this floor.
"Friday, can you show me where Abby is please?"
"Sure Loki." A holographic map was pulled up and I saw a red dot in the training room.
"Thanks Friday." I ran to the training room. Once I got there I found Abby slashing, punching bags with what seemed like two knives. I knew they were feathers, ripped from her own wings, probably growing back immediately. She slashed the last bag and collapsed on the group sobbing, her wings drooping. I quietly walked up to her. Her head snapped up. She looked at me and her lip quivered, I could tell she was trying not to cry. Then I hugged her. I didn't say anything. I just hugged her. Somehow telling her through touch that I loved her and cared about her. She eventually settled down and asked,
"Do they hate me?" In a quiet voice.
"No. They were just surprised. It's not everyday that they see metal death wings." I chuckled. "And they have big egos. Probably jealous that you told Nat and not them."
"That's true."
"You know Nat is defending you right now?"
"Well she did say that she would kill them if they mad me upset."
"You wanna go stop them?" She shook her head. "Alright let's just stay here then." Then, out of magic, I conjured a little puppy. He was misty and his fur was green, but her eyes lit up at the sight. The puppy curled up in her lap and she stroked him.
"He's so soft."
"What are you going to name him?"
"Hmm... how about Boshaft? It means mischievous in German. Bo for short."
"I love it." And so we sat talking, until Abby was asleep with Bo in her lap. I carefully picked her up, made Bo dissipate, just for now don't worry, and carried her up to her bed. I think this kid is growing in me.