Chapter 33

Songs: What's Wrong - PVRISGasoline - HalseyHuman - Rag'n Bone Man

Gasoline - Halsey
Human - Rag'n Bone Man

The week before finals is always more stressful than actual finals week. At least that's what I've heard from some of the upperclassmen. They said that finals week is nothing compared to the week before finals where all of the professors push so much work on you, on top of already studying for the final. It's like they've run out of time for anything else they wanted to teach so they cram it in to the last couple of days before classes end. I have had so much work to do that I haven't even been able to think much about the past weekend.

The art exhibition this past weekend ended up turning out surprisingly well. I was so nervous for how it would be, but it ended up being a pretty fun time, minus the part where Reina almost fought with Tre.

I don't know what I was excepting, but it doesn't surprise me much that Reina acted that way. She's a spitfire who doesn't care if she is direct and bluntly honest to you. If you hurt someone she cares about, she'll go off like a firecracker. If she hurts someone else's feelings, it just means that she really cares about you and doesn't want anyone to bring you down. I think it's really nice to have someone like that in your life. I haven't ever had anyone in my life who'd defend and stick up for me. For other people, Reina can sometimes be too much to handle, but for me and Sam, she's the spark we need in our lives. She's the glue that keeps us all together.

When I asked Sam how she thought the exhibition went, she was really happy that it turned out to be a pretty positive experience. Seeing how big her smile was throughout the whole evening was what made me so happy and proud. She was able to network and connect with other professional artists who loved her work and she left that evening with a few contacts to keep in mind for when she'll be looking for work after graduation. The night turned out well with only a few minor bumps, but nothing too bad. People had a good time and nobody got injured. I'd call that a success in my book.

When I had left Tre after our talk, I had found Reina standing behind one of the sculptures like she was using it as a hideout. When I got to her, she sheepishly looked at me, silently apologizing for losing her cool with Tre. I told her to not worry about it and that everything was fine. I told her I appreciated her being defensive because I knew that she really cared and hated that Sam and I had been hurt by them and their actions. Even if nobody else is, she's always on our team.

We stayed in that room while sneaking glances at Sam and Trell in the other room. They were standing close to each other and they were locked in a serious conversation that was hard to hear from all of the other chatter in the gallery. They both seemed stressed and I could see the hurt on Sam's face, but they both appeared calm and collected. To other people, it looked just like a normal professional conversation, but to Reina and I, we knew that it was really serious.

I mean, compared to Tre and I, they both seemed to have handled the situation better by remaining stoic. At least Tre and I didn't have many people around where we were, so nobody knew what we were talking about and how hurt we both still are from each other. Thank god nobody was around. It'd be awkward to go and observe a painting and then when you look right next to you, you see two people engaged in an emotional conversation where one of them is almost in tears.