18 ⋆ Shower

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV

8 days before preparing for the mating ceremony

I sat next to Jungkook as he leaned over the table, pointing to different areas on the map sprawled out before us.

"Right here, here, and there." He said, his advisors sticking push pins into the locations he was pointing to.

"Should we also put a patrol on the Northside?" His Beta asked.

Jungkook sighed and nodded, "We probably should." He sat back down, sighing and taking my hand into his own rough palms.

"How many dead?" He asked, staring at his advisors. They shifted anxiously and pursed their lips at his question.

"Thirty-Two." Someone replied from the back. Jungkook looked away, uncomfortably thinking for a second.

I leaned forward and stared at the map, letting go of his hand. "How could this have happened? We had no idea they were coming." I asked, looking at them.

"We haven't been attacked in years. Our patrol squads aren't big."

I leaned back, thinking long and hard, "Then it's a failure on our part." I decided. I stood and leaned over the map once more, studying it with a close eye, "Where was their entry point?" I asked. Jackson pointed to one of the red pins. I looked at it, studying it for a while. I squinted my eyes, realizing something.

"When someone robs a house, where do they come in?" I questioned, still staring at the pin.

"Uh... probably through the back door?" Someone answered.

I sighed and looked at them, "There are three classes of burglars: the professional, the semi-pro, and the amateur-opportunist. The real worry is the semi-pros and amateurs because there are a lot of them around, and they often blend into the scenery."

"A high percentage of "easy" home burglaries are committed by teenagers who live close by. The semi-pro may scout a neighborhood for a week or more, while an amateur may spend only a few hours casing a residence. Either way, once he's made the decision to rob a particular house, he'll be in and out in just a few minutes."

"Our enemy scouted this for a long time because..." I leaned forward and placed my finger on the pin, "they didn't come in through the back door, they came in through the front." I moved my finger to the surrounding area. "They came in through this valley. Our scouts are placed on top of the mountains and cliffs looking down on the valley below."

"The only problem with that is that the valley is heavily wooded and it's snowing. Therefore, it's virtually impossible to see them under the trees and snow. It's a double blow. This means they're looking to attack through these kinds of areas. I wouldn't put scouts in the obvious places then because they know that's where we're putting them due to this attack."

"We need to put them in places we wouldn't think twice about because they've already hit in the most central part. They think we'll be looking at those areas." I looked away from the map, meeting the eyes of every single advisor who stared at me in amazement. Jungkook stood and looked over my shoulder quietly, placing a hand gently on my lower back. My skin shivered at his touch as he studied what I had said and looked at the map.

"You heard him. Start scouting." He finally declared. The advisors quickly stood, starting to talk and dispute over the map as Jungkook and I turned to leave the conference hall, leaving the arguing which faded into the back.