36 ⋆ Vomit

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV 

My fingers were freezing to the point where I could barely feel or move them. I swore I saw blue on the tips, slowly spreading to consume the rest of my hand. My body shook with such violent compulsions, I had given up days ago on trying to stifle them.

The same girl came to give me food, but I had refused every time. I did have the water, however, managing to keep me conscious for roughly an hour or two a day. 

This was one of those hours. 

At some point when I had been sleeping, a large and rather thick chain had been locked around my wrists, joining them together. I looked at them weakly, not even able to lift my arms under their weight combined with my malnutrition.

I had gotten so weak I couldn't hear or talk to Jungkook clearly anymore, and the only thing that filled my head was the sound of the wind and snow outside and the ever looming thought of death. 

I closed my eyes and whispered softly to myself all the things I could remember about his face.

"Full black hair, equally dark puppy eyes, stern brows, sharp jaw, cute small lips," I mumbled to myself, the vision of him being painted in my mind. I coughed weakly and fell still once more, focusing on my breathing and the beating of my heart as my fingers were too stiff to even twitch under the cough. 

Suddenly, the sound of the lock on the door unlocking filled my ears but I left my eyes closed, too tired to open them and confront who it was.

"Fuck, is he dead?" Donghae's voice asked the two other guards who usually accompanied him during his visits.

"He hasn't eaten in almost three days now." One of the men said, anxiety obvious in his tone.

Donghae's feet walked forward and his warm fingers pressed against my neck. 

"Nope, there's a heartbeat." He said, groaning as he got back up. It was quiet for a while, but I listened closely as Donghae paced back and forth on the straw matted floor.

"He's no good to me like this. I want him to look battered and beaten down, obviously, but he looks like he's going to die any fucking second now. He's no use to us dead." Donghae sighed and stopped pacing. He walked back over to me and squatted down once more. 

His finger reached out and lightly touched my eyelid, pulling it open to reveal my eye. I stared at him, weak and drowsy from lack of food. He knew I had no fight in me. Anyone could tell just by looking into my eyes which I'm sure looked more dead inside than any person who'd been buried six feet under within the last century. 

Donghae tilted his head and sighed. He let go, but I kept my eye open, slowly opening the other one. "How you doing, Jimin?" Donghae asked, a slight tone of genuine concern in his voice.

I just stared at him lifelessly before managing to part my lips. "I want... Jungkook..." I whispered softly, my voice scratchy and just as dead as I felt within. Donghae nodded and pursed his lips as he looked around, avoiding my eyes.

"I know, I want to see him too. But you know you only get to see him if he gives over his land, right?" Donghae questioned, tilting his head once more.

A hot tear dropped quickly down my cheek as I slowly closed my eyes. Managing to build up some energy left within me still, I slowly turned, facing my back towards him to show I no longer wanted to talk to him.

Donghae stood and walked over to the guards. "Next time she brings food, I want you coming in here with her. He doesn't get any water without eating first."

Animals [jikook] 🌙On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara