Chapter Sixteen

Third Person's P.O.V

Navya didn't want to face Arjun. After what happened yesterday she thought it would be awkward to be in the same room as him but she didn't have much choice in this matter as she had to be dumb accept this offer of living with him.

She knew she had to face anyways susheel quickly freshened up and braced herself for the awkward encounter with Arjun.

She was walking slowly as if she got all the time in the world and cautiously looked around the kitchen.

She heaved a sigh of relief when she realised that the kitchen was empty but it quickly turned into startled scream when she heard Arjun's voice coming from behind her.

She turned to look at him and took in a deep breathe.

"I am sorry. Are you okay?" Arjun questioned with a blank face.

Navya just nodded her head in silence and moved aside to give him space.

They both quietly had their breakfast and when Navya was busy doing the dishes, Arjun came inside put away his plate only to find her obstructing his way.

He quietly stood behind her and it took her a few minutes to realise the hovering presence behind her back.

Navya was gasping for air and her eyes widened when she realised te comprising position in which they were.

She tried to ignore the looming presence and quickly turned around to escape from this awkward position but clearly luck was not on her side today.

She bumped into his rock hard chest, with her forehead taking the brunt of her carelessness. She put her hands on his chest to balance herself and Arjun's hand found their way onto her waist.

She was looking everywhere but him and tried to control her heart which was beating fast inside her ribcage as if she ran a marathon.

She slowly looked up and quickly became lost in his mesmerizing orbs.

They were many hidden emotions swirling inside those eyes with pains and desire being the prominent ones.

They both leaned in together and Arjun's lips skimmed her soft lips making her sigh.

Just when he was about to deepen the kiss the doorbell rang and Navya pushed Arjun away.

They both were startled by the shrill sound of the calling bell and Navya announced that she will answer the bell.

They both awkwardly looked away and Arjun silently nodded his head and moved aside.

Navya quickly ran towards the main door after making sure that she was presentable and slowly opened the door.

"Hi Navya! How are you?" Vanya asked and excitedly hugging her.

Navya was surprised to see Vanya and Reyansh as it was still 10 in the morning and she thought they were coming over for lunch.

"Uh, yeah I am fine. How are you? We weren't expecting you guys. I mean it's just 10 in the morning." Navya said and invited then inside.

"Yeah actually I have some work with Arjun so I thought we will come now instead." Reyansh replied and smiled.

He noticed the awkward tension between the two but chose not to comment anything.

There are much important matters to discuss, precisely about that man.

Arjun signed Reyansh to come with to the study room and Reyansh nodded and they both went towards the study room but not before Reyansh kissing Vanya's forehead.