Chapter Thirteen

Third Person's P.O.V

Arjun was confused and frustrated. He didn't understand what just happened. On one hand he was relieved that Navya was safe and sound but on the other hand he knew that this was just a temporary relief.

He was well aware of the fact that he was planning something else, something more malicious and cruel which he knew would destroy him completely.

He cannot do anything to him right now because she was under his control. One wrong move could could create havoc in their lives.

He was lost in his deep thoughts when his phone rang suddenly breaking his line of thoughts.

The caller ID flashed an unknown number which caused his heart beat hard against his ribcage.

"Hello." He answered the call.

"That was just a warning. Save her if you can. You know it wouldn't take me more than 10 minutes to take her if I can right? Consider this as your last warning. Give me what I want and everything will go back to how it used to be or else..." He said chuckling and hung up.

Arjun gulped and pulled at his hair strands. This was getting more complicated than he had imagined.

He was determined to protect Navya from them. He knew then and there that he had to convince Navya to live with him. He had no other choice.

"Can we talk?"

*****

"What do you want now? Navya asked him looking at him sternly.

She was tired and fed up of his silly games and just wanted to go and sleep peacefully without any interruptions.

"Look, please try to understand what I am trying to say. This..." He sighed and then continued, "This is for your own good. Over the past few years I have made a quite a few enemies who are just waiting for a chance to ruin me and my reputation. I don't want to lose you in the midst of this cat and mouse game between them and me. I have lost enough already. I just can't bear the thought of something happening to you because of me. Your life is in danger and I admit it's because of me and my irresponsible actions. I really don't want you to suffer because of me but I am left with no other choice. Please try to understand my situation and it's just for a few days. After I find out who is behind all this, you can go back living your own life. Please." He stopped and took a deep breath.

He looked into her eyes only to find her staring at him blankly without giving him any hint of thoughts going on in her mind.

After a few awkward minutes of silence she opened her mouth to reply him.

"Okay. But only for a few days. But in return I want a favour from you." She replied.

"What is that?" He asked her curiously.

"I want you to never show me your face again after these few weeks. I don't even want to hear your name again." She asked him with a determined look on her face.

She knew she was going to regret accepting this somehow she knew whatever he was saying was the harsh truth and whatever happened yesterday just proved the fact that her life is in danger.

She didn't want to take any risk and she knew he was a stubborn mule who will try to manipulate if he does not get what he wants.

She hoped that after these few weeks she wouldn't have see him again or hear about him which according to will help in healing her broken heart.

He kind of expected this so he just nodded his head in silence.

"I'll drop you back and please finish packing your bags by tomorrow morning. I'll come and pick you up at 9:00 AM sharp. He informed her and got up without waiting for her reply.

She got up slowly and walked behind him, trying to catch up with his speed.

"Uh...Navya." He called her before she could get down from the car.

"Yes?" She asked him slowly looking anywhere but him.

"Um..Just take care. I'll pick you up  tomorrow." He said and cleared his throat awkwardly.

She nodded her head after a few seconds of silence and headed inside.

He eyes didn't leave her till she was safe inside her house.

He sighed and reversed the car, knowing that he needs a drink to forget everything and sleep peacefully.

*****

The next morning....

Navya slowly rose from her deep slumber and decided to freshen up after looking at the clock which showed the time as 7:48 AM.

She freshened up and had her breakfast when there was a knock on the door. She looked at the watch  and it showed 9:00 AM telling the that it was Arjun on the other side if the door.

She opened the door cautiously and breathed a sigh of relief when it was indeed Arjun who was looking fresh and with his hair strands still damp from the shower.

Navya stared at him for a few minutes and came out of her trance into when she heard a throat clearing.

"Good Morning. Are you ready to go?" He asked her with hands deep inside his pockets.

She nodded her head and invited him inside before closing the door.

"Do you want anything to drink?c she asked him.

"No, thank you." He replied and she went inside her room to get her things.

There was an awkward silence in the car as no one was willing to start a conversation. Navya was staring at the passing environment and Arjun was busy driving the car.

After 30 minutes of travelling, they finally reached their destination which was located in a posh locality filled with trees and greenery everywhere.

Navya was awestruck and continued to look at her surrounding ignoring Arjun who was looking at her intensely.

"Navya, let's go inside." Arjun pulled her out of the trance and she nodded her head and followed him inside.

The bachelor pad was kept very neat and clean without a speck of dust but Navya was not surprised because she knew he was cleanliness freak who wanted everything to be perfect.

"This is your room. Please make yourself comfortable and dont hestite to call me if you need anything. The housekeeper generally comes at 10 AM 6 days a week and also you are free to use the kitchen whenever you are hungry." Arjun said and Navya nodded her head taking in all the information slowly.

"Um..okay then I'll leave you to unpack your stuff." Arjun smiled and left after giving her the spare key.

Navya sighed and stared at the bed longingly, wanting nothing more than to jump on the fluffy bed and sleep peacefully for a few hours straight but she knew she couldn't do that now as she has to unpack her belongings and familiarize herself with the environment. She was going to stay here for a quite a few days now.

She observed her room and started unpacking, starting from her clothes and books.

She released a satisfied sigh after completing her work which took her about 3 hours.

Her stomach let out a hungry growl and she decided to eat something and take a short nap before starting on her office work.

*****
Thank you for reading. 😁