Ch. 31 - Keaton Opens Up

***** Everly's Point of View *****

After class was over Everly went to her room and relaxed for a bit before she got a call from Keaton.

"Hey. Are you hungry?" 

She thought about it and said, "Yeah. Actually I'm starving. Why? What did you have in mind?" 

"Get dressed. I'm taking you out for dinner. I'll be there in a few. Oh and wear jeans," he added before hanging up. 

She was curious about why she needed to wear jeans. She changed into her favorite pair of skin-tight blue jeans that looked like they were painted on and a loose, flowy white silk blouse  with spaghetti straps that showed her smooth, lightly tanned shoulders and back. She put on a pair of white high heels that strapped across her ankle and a pair of silver hoop earrings and a silver chain necklace that said, 'Everly' on it that her parents had gotten her for Christmas a couple years ago. She kept her long, brown hair down and curled and put on some light makeup.

She got a text saying, 'I'm downstairs waiting outside the front door.' 

That was unusual. Usually he walked up to her door when he picked her up, so that piqued her curiosity even more. She stood up, shoving the phone in her back pocket and headed out of her room with a smile. As she rode down in the elevator and got closer to the front door she felt butterflies in her stomach from the excitement of going out with him on their first date since they got back together. She went through the automatic sliding door and looked around but didn't see him. 

Then she heard a noise and looked over to the right to see Keaton standing with his back against the building, leaning against it with one knee bent and his foot pressed against the wall behind him. 

"Hey beautiful," he said with a smile, dropping his cigarette and pushing off the wall, walking confidently towards her wearing some casual jeans, a tight black t-shirt and a black leather moto jacket. He was looking really good. When he reached her, he slowly leaned down and gave her a soft kiss that made her heart melt. 

"Hi," she said quietly, looking up into his eyes, feeling her face blush. Even though she had kissed him so many times, he still had that effect on her.

He slipped his hand into hers, walking towards the parking lot and she couldn't help but wonder what he had planned. He walked up to a motorcycle and opened a storage compartment under the seat, handing her a helmet and helping her put it on before putting one on himself. 

He closed the visor on the shiny black helmet and it looked cool, but she was disappointed that she couldn't see his face anymore. He sat down first and then she swung her leg over and got on behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist as he started the motorcycle up with a loud rumble. She was glad her parents weren't here to see this because they would absolutely kill her for getting on a motorcycle. 

She held onto him tight as he walked it backwards and then pretty soon they were on the road, weaving in and out of cars and going down the center line between them when they were stopped. The nice thing about having a motorcycle in New York City is that you can drive around the stand-still traffic so it wasn't long before he pulled into a reserved parking spot in front of a skyscraper, shutting the engine down. 

She got off and handed him the helmet and looked up at the shiny silver, modern looking skyscraper in front of them. 

"What is this place?" 

"This is one of my Dad's buildings. It has my favorite view of the city so I wanted to show you. You're not scared of heights are you?"

"No. At least I don't think so. I've never been at the top of a building this tall before, so I guess we'll find out," she laughed.