34. Cara

Here we are again, at the conference room. This time, it is our request to have the meeting with the help of Sarah.

Alex is feeling much confident today and so am I. We plan we're just gonna tell what we know.

"So, what is it you need to tell me?" the president says as he settles down in his seat. There is no one else but him and Sarah in the room. Alex didn't want any board members to join in this room because she finds them very irritating.

Alex leans forward, calmly she speaks "My story, Sir. But first, I wanna ask about the post on our board page."

The man keeps his face straight and serious as he clamps his hands and nods.

"I thought you said my case is kept confidential but why the fu-" she clears her throat. "I'm sorry. But did you know someone wrote about me and posted me on our page?"

"Hmm," the man furrows his brows. "I didn't know about it but-"

"Well then, Sir," Alex cuts him off, calmly. "I am very pissed because it ruins my reputations as everyone in the island is talking about it. I am so much pissed because you promised this case was supposed to be kept to ourselves but turned out, what I just said just now. I just want you to know that."

I nod, looking at Alex. Her face changes and it isn't look friendly anymore. "And this is what I'm gonna tell you and I swear to god this is the truth." She clears her throat again. "You see, I know who the minor is."

I watch the president nods and nods as he listens to Alex explaining. She wouldn't let him interrupt that she says every word loud and clear followed by hand gestures. Sarah and I just exchange looks. Alex doesn't even let me speak a word because she said she got this.

"With all your respect, dear Sir," Alex continues. "I say this isn't fair because your guys exposed me when we should've stayed quiet. It isn't fair if you have me punished because what I did was an accident or could be a setup. True I have a lot of one night stands but I would never force a minor to sleep with me. I wouldn't even touch them."

"And Sir," I add. "We are aware the minor is underage and we never touch her after the incident. As I noticed and investigated with the eyes of our colleagues, the minor tends to break rules of entering stricted bars and parties."

"Hmm," he nods again. "Are you sure?"

"Confidently sure, Sir,' I say, "I have witness if you don't believe. She recognizes the minor."

"But how did she get in the bars?" he asks, leaning back.

"That we don't know yet."

The president nods and exhales a sharp breath. He rubs his forehead with his fingers, probably getting a migraine from our true confession. Alex quietly giggles and I eye her to stay quiet.

"Permission to dismiss ourselves, Sir?" I say.

He nods and we get on our feet, walking towards the door with Sarah leads our way.

"Alex..." Sarah calls before we get in the elevator. "We need to talk."

Their eyes shift on me and I shrug. The elevator is closed back again and Sarah leads us to somewhere private where we're off the camera.

"What's up?" Alex asks, leaning against the wall and I follow.

Sarah looks around. She seems worried and anxious. Obvious enough to notice.

"I have no other way to say this but I want you to leave Firelock as soon as possible."

Alex raises her brow, confused. "What?"