13. Maeve

"Just go away, Bri. Go play with Cara." Brianna keeps nagging me to go upstairs and play a video game with her. I don't want to play because I want to be fucking with Lexy. She's here in my apartment, along with Cara and Brianna. Yeah I've invited them to come over to catch up for like, four days straight now.

Astrid hasn't come around because she needs to settle with the board. I don't know if she's really gonna take me with her once settled because Brianna was right. It would be super fucking awkward. Lexy is there, which means I would be seeing her every day.

I had a talk with my girlfriend Astrid about it but what she said didn't make any sense to me. I still don't understand what she was trying to say but all I know she really sounds like she still wanna take me there.

Brianna isn't my cousin, honestly. My parents and hers have been friends for a long time that made me and Brianna became so close. It wasn't that long after Lexy left the town. Since then Brianna and I became best friends because of our parents are. Technically, she is just a family friend but we like to consider ourselves as cousins.

Since Brianna was enrolled at the Firelock Academy when she was fifteen, we remained friends because at that moment we knew how to contact each other. We tell each other everything about our life when we're far apart that made Brianna told me about a hot, sexy popular girl living in her planet. At first I didn't know it was actually Alex Blackwood I used to know until Brianna told me her full name.

Lexy was my first ever crush. We separated when we were ten and I had no idea how to contact her when we were kids. When Brianna told me she met Lexy, I flinched because I never expected she would enroll in that planet too. I mean, I missed her so much but I didn't think Lexy would even remember me because it had been years we didn't talk to each other.

Brianna wanted to link me back again with Lexy after I told her Alex was my girlfriend when we were kids but there was no such luck. Alex was a very popular, caught up girl that I hundred percent was sure she wouldn't have the time to reconnect with me back. I shrugged it off because I knew back then, it would be useless if I pop back into her life.

Then I met Astrid. We met at the bar where I used to do my gigs late at nights and we just hit it off. Astrid is warm and nice. I really love her.

For years Brianna was there, she was my only source to hear more about Lexy. You know what I mean, right? Brianna tells me anything about Lexy. So right now, Lexy doesn't need to tell me what she does for living because I know what she is now. She's an aircraft engineer that can do anything else apart from fixing aircrafts. I don't tell Lexy that I know everything about her because that would creep her out. Knowing that I'm dating Astrid would make it even worse if she finds out I still hear about her.

"So you're a singer in a band?" Alex raises her eyebrows in disbelief. "I didn't know you could sing."

"Lexy. How could you not remember that I used to sing for you when we were kids?" I giggle. "You loved me singing."

We stop talking when we hear a footstep coming towards us. Lexy and I glance at my bedroom door to see who it is this time. Please don't be Brianna please. I mean, she's been entering and interrupting my conversations with Lexy three times now. She doesn't want to be with Cara because Cara is acting cold on her.

"Your cousin is just unbelievable," Cara mutters as she enters. She comes in with a straight face that I assume she's annoyed. She sits across us, on the single sofa I love when I read my books.

Brianna never told me she dated Cara Vega few years ago. I mean, she did mention about Cara and she was into someone but I never thought it was Lexy's best friend. Lexy was the one who told me Brianna and Cara used to be a thing back then. I still didn't know why they broke up. Lexy isn't sure about it too.