Chapter Twelve

Ashton

"A friend, huh?" Alex grins and nudges me with his elbow. He looks over to Harper, who is still wearing her short shorts from last night. "Who's that chick? That ass is bomb."

I flash him a middle finger because talking about Harper's ass when she is within earshot is a big fucking no. "Shut up, Alex."

Good thing Harper isn't paying attention or she will think we're maniacs or psychopaths. She is busy talking on the phone to even notice that my brother is lusting for her ass.

"How's Jackson? Did he notice I was not home?" I ask in hopes of getting my brother's attention out of Harper's ass.

"Not sure. He was on a rush. Maybe he didn't get enough dick job last night. You know, the usual."

I can't imagine how anyone can stomach being in bed with Jackson Price. Of course, it's just the money. It doesn't matter if the sex sucks. What matters is the dime you get after. We can't blame the women, though. They have reasons for needing the money. Maniacs like Jackson Price are to blame for using their money to lure vulnerable women to their trap.

"So should I just go straight to Room 516? Or do I need to like check-in or something?" Harper asks Alex, who is still holding the bag full of her clothes from the laundry shop. "I'm sorry. I don't really have an idea. It's my first here."

Alex taps my shoulder and says, "This dude right here has the bar code you need to access the elevator and the room."

Harper's face turns red. I know what she's thinking. "I don't need to go with you if that's what you want. I can just email you the code, you know," I say.

"That's better. I mean, I'm glad that you're letting me stay here, but my privacy is precious to me," she says, relieved that I didn't take advantage of the situation. See? That makes me a better person than Jackson Price.

I forward her the code which she can now use to access every facility in the clubhouse for a day. Her phone chimes, which means she has finally received my email.

"Thanks," she mutters. "Uh, can I now get my stuff?"

Alex sets the laundry bag down and flexes his right arm in a theatric manner, complete with facial expression and unnecessary grunting.

"Are you sure you can carry this?" He asks Harper. "It looks like this is a week's worth of clothes."

I know what my brother is trying to do. He wants to stare and salivate at that ass during the elevator ride with her. Giving him a death stare, I say, "Let me do it."

"No. It's okay, really," Harper stops me before I can even have a hand on her laundry bag. "I can do it. I bring my stuff to and from the dry cleaners every time so it's not like I'm going to tear my arm off."

Maybe she's saying the truth. Looking at Harper, you can say that she's built. Well, not in a muscular way. She looks like she's a regular in the gym. Her toned legs and ass are a testament to that.

Harper carries her laundry bag with ease. Okay, she's not lying. She also looks capable of kicking our asses if we say something displeasing to her ears.

"Thank you, Ashton and..." She stops to recall my brother's name.

"Alexander Price. You can call me Alex."

"Yeah, sure. Alex. Thank you for dropping by the dry cleaners for this. I hope I didn't get you in any trouble."

"Nah, it's my pleasure. It's nice that my brother called me for help."