Chapter Twenty Eight - another air of mystery

Francis' PoV:

A light kiss is placed on my forehead, waking me. I open my eyes to see Billie, resting half her upper body on my chest. She grins at my sleepy face and places another kiss on the tip of my nose.

I shut my eyes again and smirk. "You love me."

She instantly pulls away and throws a pillow at me, giggling with embarrassment. "Shut up, dude."

I sit up and grab her, causing her to squeal. Pulling her head onto my lap, she laughs like a little toddler. I lean down and start to kiss her. It begins to deepen and she brings a hand to cup my cheek, melting into me like always. I place my fingers at her knee then draw them up her thigh until I reach her hips, at which point I pull her in closer to me - that never fails to make her head spin. Teasing her, I pull away and grin. "We gotta get to the office."

She ignores me and starts to kiss my neck, sucking and biting to make a mark from last night even more prominent. I inhale sharply as she nips a particular sensitive spot.

"I'm gonna go make us some coffees." I reply, smirking inside at how frustrated she looks. I peck her lips and give her a reassuring smile, before sliding my sweatpants over my bare body. Before I can grab a top, she pulls me back onto the bed and clambers on top of me, sitting with each leg either side of my body. Her lips press against mine and I let her tongue slide in. She begins tease me, playing with the waist band of my joggers. Just as she is about to slip her hand under, there's a knock at the door.

"Fuck off." Billie mutters, getting more and more agitated. I bite her shoulder, trying to stop myself from laughing at how desperate she is to have me, and how she keeps being stopped.

"It's Madison. You guys need to check your phones right now."

We give each other a look, before opening a link Mads has sent us.

LATEST: Billie Eilish's new arm candy revealed!

After millions of reposts, the whole world now knows the secretly to worldwide pop sensation Billie Eilish's sexuality. Yesterday, a photo of the young celebrity kissing a girl was leaked and has taken over every social platform. After so much ambiguity over the star's sexuality, fans have finally gotten their dream proved to be true - Billie Eilish is in fact bisexual. So, the next question being whispered throughout the world: who's the other girl in he picture? Here, we are revealing it to you. Her name is Francis Kingston, an artist from LA. You may have heard of her as she works with Billie as her artistic consultant. Her set design and graphics have become the staple artwork for Eilish's brand, appearing on her music video to 'Bury a Friend' and 'When the Party's Over'. After the picture of the two kissing, our photographers managed to capture a moment of Eilish's girlfriend consoling her through a panic attack, suggesting that the couple are serious. So, what will this new relationship bring? Is Billie finally ready to open up to the public, or will she continue to hide her secret lover? And how does Francis feel about her newfound fame?

My phone starts to ring. It's Danny. I stare at it, unable to pick up or decline. After leaving him on voicemail, a text soon follows.

Danny: Get to the office. ASAP.

Fuck.

***

"Right." Danny says completely drained even thought the meeting has just begun. He hasn't spoken to me or Billie and now the whole team is sat at the table. "We've had some of the brands who work with us cut ties."

"Are you serious, dude? That's a shitty ass thing for them to do." Billie argues, immediately jumping into action.

"Well unless you want to release a public statement to reveal who you were kissing, then you are part of a scandal, and that is not what brands want to be associated with." He replies, shutting her up. She leans back into her seat, crossing her arms and quickly glances at me.

"Francis?" Danny asks, making both me and Billie jump. "I'll need you to make sure that future art pieces have a sense of seduction to them." I can tell the uncomfort in his voice.

Well, at least I know I'm not fired.

"Are you for real, bro?" She protests, furrowing her eyebrows.

"We'll use this kiss and harness it to create another air of mystery around you. Just as you like to tease a bit of body shape every now and then, we'll do the same with your sexuality."

Everyone around the table keeps trying to subtly look between Billie and I, but I can feel every single one of their stares.

"Look, I know there are... rumours." Danny continues. "But, it's no one's business but Billie's. Just because the rest of the world thinks it's their business, it doesn't mean we should. So, I don't want any further discussion on that matter." He looks at me and I can feel a sense of warmth and comfort in his eyes. I smile with gratitude.

Everyone awkwardly gets up and walks back to their desks, and so do I, before Danny stops me.

"Here." He says, giving me a scarf and nodding to my neck where a hickey imprints my skin.

"Thank you." I respond awkwardly as I quickly put it on. "Look, I really appreciate you keeping me-"

"Hey, as long as you stayed focused on your job, I don't care what you do in your private life. Just try and sway away from the cameras - makes my life a lot simpler." He jokes, flashing me a cheeky smile.

I nod, then grab myself some leftovers from the office kitchen as we didn't have time to get breakfast this morning. Also, I can't go out into the main office section with everyone's stares, yet - thankfully, there are much less people in here.

Billie approaches me, letting out an amused snort. "You got sauce on your cheek."

She pushes herself onto the kitchen counter, plopping herself down next to me. "Here." She licks her thumb, then brushes my cheek. I tense uncomfortably at her touch, and she notices, instantly taking her hand away and clearing her throat awkwardly. "Too weird?"

I look around at the other workers who have one eye on their work and the other on us. Everything feels so fucking claustrophobic right now.

"Sorry, it's just we've spent the last couple months being so secretive and now the whole fucking world knows and I feel like there's now this expectation for us to be something when I don't even know what we are and-" I realise how irritated I'm getting and take a deep breath, lowering my volume. "You know how much I prefer privacy so this is really out of my comfort zone. I just need to get used to it, that's all."

She doesn't reply, clearly unsure of what to say.

My phone starts to ring - it's Luke. I haven't seen him for a week and he hasn't replied to a single text or voicemail until now.

"You better have a good fucking reason why you've-"

"-Why didn't you tell me about Billie?"

Fuck, I forgot I didn't tell him - he must of just read an article about us. My heart sinks knowing that he knows, but I'm not sure why.

"Look," He continues, "Can you come back to the flat? We need to talk."

A/N: oh shit they finally public.

(Sorry this was kinda a filler chapter to set up for more juicy shit coming.)

What do you think will happen next?
What do you think Luke's explanation will be?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!