Chapter 39 Pops

I slowly pushed the door open seeing Daxton and Malcolm cry frantically while I walked over to them.

"Hey... what's the matter ? You can't cry like that before meeting your grandpa. " I said in a baby voice,  picking Daxton up first .

"Grandpa ? Gosh that makes me sound old. I'm only 47 ." Dad said,  rubbing behind his ear nervously while Daxton started calming down followed my Malcolm.

"Okay ? Than what would you like them call you dad ?"

"Uh... what about Pops ?"

"Pops ? Are you being serious ?" I said through a laugh. 

"Dead serious." he said laughing.

"If you say so. Well POPS , this is Daxton Elliott " I said handing him over to my dad . It was weird seeing my dad interact with him. I could practically see his eyes light up. I know mom always said that dad wanted a son so badly yet he ended up with me. But I think having two grandsons comes pretty close in his books.

"Hi Daxton. " he said while Daxton gave out a big yawn making dad smile at his cuteness while I picked Malcolm up and started swaying him .

"And this is Malcolm Lennox." I said switching Daxton with Malcolm. 

"They've got quite the names sweetheart ." Dad said laughing while he cradled Malcolm's head.

"Well , in these families they kind of have to ." I said laughing while he joined me showing he took it as a joke too and NOT completely offensive.

"So true. They're beautiful honey. I'm so sorry I missed their birth. The bank got me all tied up and then I lost track of ti-"

"Dad ," I said , placing my hand on his arm while he stopped talking. "It's okay. What matters is that you're here now . And that you're a part of their lives. " I said with a smile while I saw my dad visibly relax and crack a smile.

"So uh... where's the guys? " he said , changing the topic of conversation. 

"Probably hiding from you." I said through a snicker.

"Me ? What did I do ?"

"Well... you kinda almost punched the daylights out of Jacob when he opened the door so ... "

"Yeah well... th-that wasn't intentional. " he said, getting a little embarrassed.

"It's okay dad. They know ." I said , trying to ease his mind .

"Then why are they hiding then ?" He said while I placed the boys back into their bassinets .

"I was joking dad , relax."

"I'm not THAT intimidating am I ?"

"Well... " I trailed off in a high pitched voice.

"Olivia Marie ! Is that true ?"

"Just a little " I said showing him the amount of space with my fingers.

"Well , then I plan to make amends with them too. Can't have this heavy atmosphere every time I want to visit my grandsons now can we ?" He said sounding determined as he walked out .

"No we can not." I mumbled to myself as I watched my dad march down the stairs trying to find the guys. I mean , I COULD tell him where he would find them but then again , what fun would that be ?

I tried really hard to hide my laughter as my dad turned the corner and walked right into Jacob. It was pretty funny to behold and see.

"Mr Davis ...uh Sir, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going
" Jacob fumbled over his words - probably still shook up about my dad almost punching him earlier-