T E N

Olivia.

I walked....more like dragged myself into the elevator. My feet hurt, my head was killing me and I couldn't wait to fall on my bed.

I had moved out of Tola's apartment after my first pay check and gotten myself a nice little place. The building was one of those really old buildings that had been recently renovated but they still kept most of the old structure. It had this really homey feel to it but it was also modernised.

"Hold the elevator please!" A voice yelled and I quickly reached for the button. A man rushed into the elevator, a little breathless. He had a head full of messy blonde hair. He wore grey joggers and a simple black T-shirt with what looked like flecks of paint on it.

The doors slid shut and the elevator whirred into life.

"Hi" Great, he was one of those people who believed they had to fill awkward silences with even more awkward conversation.

I replied because he seemed like a nice guy and I really didn't want to be rude "Hi"

Let's just hope he leaves it at th-

"Are you new? I haven't seen you before"

Oh yeah, guys like him never leave it at that "Yeah, I moved in a few weeks back."

The doors slid open; his floor was right under mine. He stepped out and gave me a small wave. "Well see you around, I guess"

I smiled, too sleepy to say anything else.

I got off at my floor and trudged to my door. My eyes were barely open and it took a few tries before I was able to get the key in the lock.

I kicked off my shoes, slid off my skirt and fell headfirst into my bed and into sleep.

*******

My alarm had me up at 6am with its loud and insistent BRIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGG sound.

I was now some kind of robot in the morning. When my alarm rings, I get up and go straight to the coffee maker and switch it on. Then I head to the shower where I pointedly take a cold shower because that's the only thing that'll wake me up. I get dressed and pour my coffee into a flask and head to work.

I sipped the coffee in the elevator while I googled the weather forecast and check the latest news on the stock market. I cringed as I remembered the day Mr. Webber had thrown me a random question about the price of one of our stocks that day and I had been clueless.

The elevator stopped on the third floor and a guy got on.

"Well you look like you got the rest you seriously needed last night" the guy said, smirking.

I looked at him, wondering what in the world he was talking about. "Oh he's the paint shirt guy!" I mentally smacked myself when I realised I had said that aloud.

He was looking at me, his eyes dancing in amusement.

"IIIII meaaann...Hey!" I smiled "And no, I didn't get enough rest, it's the coffee that works wonders"

He smiled. Gosh! His smile! He had perfectly even white teeth. "Paint shirt guy huh?"

"Hey you can't blame me! I was sleep deprived. You're lucky I even remembered you at all" I defended before realising how snobbish that sounded.

Luckily he laughed "For future references, my name's Kevin"

"Olivia"

I felt like we should shake hands or something but he didn't offer his hand so I left it.

"Livvie" He said "I had a dog named Livvie. She died"

Did he just compare me to his dog??? To his dead dog?????? Well this was awkward.

"No no. That came our wrong. I wasn't like comparing you or anything. I was just saying." He rushed out "Besides you're much prettier"

He said the last part quietly. And just then the elevator dinged and the doors slid open.

"Sorry, I have to go" I rushed out of the building, waving hi to José;  the doorman.

******

"...which is exactly why we should acquire the property now before the value increases." The sweaty man ended his speech.

I looked over at Mr. Webber. As did everybody in the board room. We all waited with bated breaths.

"And this property has been on the market for how long?" He asked.

"10 months sir"

"And how much was the original asking price?

"It was six-  six-  sixty five percent lower than it is now sir" He was sweating even more profusely now despite the central air-conditioning in the room.

"Right, so you're telling me we could have bout the property 65% cheaper 10 months ago and you didn't have the sense to offer it to me then?" Mr. Webber's voice kept rising throughout the sentence and by the end, it was a bark.

"Si- si- Sir, b- b- b--"

Mr. Webber stood up and left the room while I hurried after him.

The sweaty man had just lost his job.

I tapped my tablet and checked Mr. Webber's next appointment.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw the name staring back at me.

Please don't shoot me! I updated 🤗🤗

Well we met Kevin and tell me what you think about him!! I love to hear your views!