T H R E E.

Olivia.

I heard the elevator ding as it arrived at our floor, startling me out of my deep and thoughtful musing on what I should have for lunch and I automatically snapped my hands to the keyboard and began to type randomly.

Mark, as big an asshole as he was, was the best at sweet, sappy apologies and I was a sucker for them....always became putty and totally forgot about whatever he did and then we had amazing sex. Actually almost made being stood up worth it. Almost.

Well not today mister.

His oh-so-familiar scent reached me even before he turned the corner and came into view. I concentrated studiously on my computer screen as he.....walked right past me and into his office. I didn't see any flowers, or chocolate, not even a barbershop quartet! He didn't even say hello.

"Olivia, could you come into my fucking office right fucking now?" His voice came in through the intercom.

Wow I'm so loved!

I sighed as I pulled on my 5 inch louisbutton heels that were like two sizes too small but I had gotten because hey! who doesn't love shoes at 37% off?? My feet cried out in protest as I stood up.

I'm so sorry my babies but you ought to know you look HOT in those shoes!

I hitched my skirt a little higher and opened one more button on my shirt exposing a-lot-but-not-so-much-it's-slutty cleavage and strutted into his office.

I always loved the view from his office but in the morning, I felt like marrying it. He didn't look up as I entered so, I stood there awkwardly wondering if I should pull my skirt lower or stone the guy to death.

"Uhh...You called me?" I said when I began to feel stupid.

He finished reading through the document he was holding before he looked up "Oh, yeah, I did. Right, Olivia, can you fucking tell me why the fucking hell my fucking coffee isn't on my fucking desk right fucking now?!"

I have to admit I jumped a little when he shouted, then I became mad, boiling, furious, livid. I was stood up three (in his words) fucking times and he's mad about coffee? He's got to be kidding me.

"Oh, I don't know, why would you ask me to meet you somewhere and then cancel on me after three hours of waiting for you?"

"Oh c'mon I had work. What was I supposed to do?" He said flippantly, picking up another document, reading it and signing at the bottom.

"Not freaking ask me out in the first place?!" I felt as if a vein was about to burst in my head. "And then you come in this morning and completely ignore me as if you didn't do anything wrong"

He yawned. "You're yelling."

The vein burst.

"You fucking son of a female dog! Are you freaking kidding me? I mean, it was cute and forgivable in the beginning but it's been two years and if now, you can't make time to see your girlfriend. Well, I don't know...something's wrong."

That got his attention. He stood up and came round the desk, all the while staring at my breasts "You think so?"

"Uhhh..." Well I couldn't think when he was staring at me like he wanted to eat me up.

He reached me and pressed me up against the door, his hands on either side of my head and buried his face in the crook of my neck "I don't think you do because otherwise you wouldn't undo three buttons on your shirt. You drive me crazy Livvie."

The air was coming out of my nose in quick short breaths. I couldn't think with him this close, my head was empty. I felt him undoing the rest of my buttons .

The manipulative little dick.

So, I did what anyone else would have done; I kneed him in the balls.

"Fuck, ow, fffuuuckk. You bbbbbitch!" He screamed as I quickly buttoned my shirt.

"I'm ssssorry, did that hhhhurt?" I laughed.

"You realize I'm your boss?" Seriously that's all he got?

"Naaah. From now on, you can get your own coffee and freaking pour it up your ass, maybe, just maybe, if you're lucky, the caffeine will affect that pencil you call a penis!" And out I strutted, slamming the door behind me. Thank God it was still early and most of the staff hadn't arrived.

What the actual hell did I just do?? Floated into my head as I collapsed unto the seat, breathless.

So, officially, I'm unemployed, single and homeless since I now had to move out of Mark's apartment.

Or did I?

I mean, would he really mind if I just...you know...continued living there but also continued hating his ass and never spoke to him?

Or maybe he didn't even have to know! I'm not a big person, he works a lot. I could sleep under the sofa or something and be out before he wakes up!

Or....

Yeah. My life is screwed.

Woohoooo to never being a girlfriend again🥂🥂. Please, please please please, VOTE! Thankssss💕💕