The Pawn | Chapter Seven [Hypnophobia]

This book is now available on amazon.com as an ebook

[Chapter Seven]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypnophobia – Fear of sleep or of being hypnotized.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A week passed by with nothing. Nada, zip, zilch. Then another and another. I had cabin fever and everyone knew it because I was a bitch. Refusing to put the blindfold on left me trapped in my stupid room. Jaz and Dayna still visited me on occasion, but their visits were becoming less frequent and a lot shorter. Frankly, I didn't blame them. If I were them I wouldn't want to hang out with me either. All I did was sit around and either grumble or not say anything at all. Jay had attempted to talk to me the first week or so, but after that he gave up with an angry glare, refusing to deal with my 'theatrics'.

No one had thanked me for preventing Lisa from hacking the computer system. No one! It wasn't that I needed the praise; I just wanted their trust; wanted to prove that I am not my sister or my mother. Unfortunately that didn't work out so well and I was pushed back into the corner with a sheet thrown over me like some skeleton in the closet. Bastards.

Almost two months had passed by since the ever-so-sexy Jay had kidnapped me. I only knew this because I had been carving a notch in the wall every morning. Not sure if NANO would quite appreciate that, but it was the only way I could keep track of anything date-wise.

With only myself for company I began to start doing little exercises like crunches and push-ups in my room so that I would be somewhat prepared for Lisa's arrival. Because she would come eventually. I knew she without a doubt she would come and get me; and certainly not because she cared about me, but because she wanted whatever information I might have gathered. Not that I had any to share.

A knock on my door jolted me from my musings. I continued to stare at the ceiling from my bed and said in a bored voice, "Come in."

"Well at least you've moved from where I last saw you," Jaz said sarcastically. "Bloody lazy arse."

I flicked her a glare, but still didn't bother to move. "I had to pee," was my monotone explanation.

She glared back at me and made her way to my bed, determination in her eyes. "Get off your frackin' arse and do something with yourself," she hissed in a low voice, smacking my arm. I winced and opened my mouth to argue with her, but she kept on talking, her voice getting louder and louder. "For Christ's sake woman all you do is mope and whine about how miserable you are! You're the only one who can change that! I'm tired of you treating us all like bloody scum. I'm sorry you're trapped in here, I'm sorry that your sister is psycho and I'm sorry your mom was a bitch, but there are more people than just you in this world. Wake up and get over yourself!"

"I'm the bitch?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, knowing she was more than right, but I just needed someone to vent my anger out on.

"Oh no," Jaz said, backing towards the doorway as she shook her head. "I am not going to fight with you. I'm not giving you that satisfaction. Besides, I'm only telling you the truth, mate. It's about time someone had the balls to." She opened the door and looked at whoever was outside. "She's all yours stud, best of luck."

I glanced warily towards the door and suppressed an unhappy groan when Jay walked through the door like he owned the place. "Why did you dye your hair blue?" I asked quickly before he could say anything. He gave me an odd look and shut the door behind him. "I'm sorry," I muttered, hiding my face in my hands. "I blurt random things when I get nervous."