Phantom and Night Chap 17

Short Update.

Chap 17

Liam woke up in the middle of the night seeing such beautiful glowing blue eyes staring at him. He smiled and caressed his mate's cheek and lean down to kiss him but end up kissing a warm small palm. Liam frowned and shook his head at the giggling boy.

"You feeling well yet?" He touch his hand on the boy's warm skin. His cold flesh made Warren flinch but liked the way Liam's hand warms up every time he touches him. He loved it.

"You're still a bit warm" Liam sighed still worrying about the fragile boy. He was glad his fever was almost gone. The medicine's doing it's job.

"Liam.." The boy spoke and Liam smiled at the lovely angelic tone.

"Hmm?"

"I feel something. It's not bad.. but it feels weird."

"W-What is it?" Warren smiled and held Liam's cheek, caressing it to ease his worry and he was glad it always does the trick.

"Ren.."

"I told you it is not bad.. Just weird."

"Weird how?" Liam was now very much confused now..

"Never mind. Maybe I'm just hungry."
Warren just smiled to assure his worried mate.

"Good. I'll go get you something go eat then."

Liam was still agitated about Warren's condition. He is not accustomed to human's health. Plus Warren is a half-vampire. Kurt also explained that having a Canid's bloodline and a vampire's bloodline may stir up when he's weak. Like now. That's why he has all means to worry.. So does..

"Liam!" .. Ardent Phantom.

"Where's my son?! Is he alright? I can feel him. He's sick isn't he?! Tell me damn it!"

Ardent grip onto Liam's shirt but Liam just stared at him with a frown.

"Ardent, calm down." Harp held Ardent's shoulder but it only did little to calm him.

"He's recovering. I guess he did called you. He's in my room. I'll just go fetch his meal."

"Wait." Ardent let go of the boy but he stopped him before he goes.

"Is it a fever?"

"I knew you would know much more than me. Yes it is."

Ardent sighed and comb back his long fringe in frustration and worry.

"Go get him some rice porridge. It'll be good for his cold. Plus a lime juice. Don't put ice in it."

"That's all?"

"Yes."

"Thank you, Ardent."

"Don't thank me yet. I saw that mark on your hand. Let's talk about that when my son gets well." His voice was tight and even Liam got afraid.. Because he knew Ardent can take his mate away anytime.. and he didn't want that to happen again.

"Warren." Ardent rush to his son's side with all urgency.

"Daddy!" In a nano second Ardent was already in front of his son, feeling the boy's forehead and neck.

"It is a cold. Did Kurt check you already?"

"Yes Da-" Warren shut his mouth when Harp came in the room.

"It's okay. It is just Harp. Talk to me please." Ardent pleaded.

"So he's not mute?"

"No.. You're scaring him. Please Harp can you-"

"I'm okay Dad."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I miss you Daddy!" Ardent's eyes widen but he smile wide when his son embrace him so tight. He can't help but feel so much joy being with his son again.

"I miss you too, son."

"Ardent.. Ardent!" Harp eyes widen and saw the boy's hand grew smaller as he held onto his father.

"Warren?"

"Daddy?"

"What's going on?" Liam's voice shook as he stared at Ardent sitting on the bed.. Holding a small child in his arms.

A child..

"T-that child. Ardent!" He appeared in front of Ardent who looked worried as well. When the child moved, turning his head towards Liam. Opening his big round eyes.. Deep ice blue eyes..

It was Warren..

"Warren? Ren...?"

The little boy has curly ash blonde hair and on his small left hand lied his and Liam's matting mark. It is Warren. Yet no one among them knew how it happened.

Warren shrunk into a body of a toddler.