3

"Miss Rivers and Mr. Norman, neither of you have been logging any of the data for your child. I am sorry to tell you guys that you will both be receiving a zero." I nod my head in understanding while Asher rolls his eyes. There was no way in hell I would be working with him to raise a robot child no matter how bad of a grade I get. I just want to get this class over with. As if my prayers have been answered, the bell rang and Brent, Noah and I were out the door. Luckily today was a half day so we left right after home ec. The boys didn't walk home with me because I told them I was going to walk to the cemetery and visit my parents. They were okay with it and let me go off by myself. I sat at their graves choked up and not knowing what to say.

"It's been so long and I still don't know what to say guys. Ethan is in school. He really likes it. Noah and Brent have been keeping me company a lot. It's not that lonely surprisingly. Schools okay I guess." I take a deep breathe before continuing. "I get good grades and everything but for some reason Asher is still rude to me. I manage to protect myself but I don't know how much I can take anymore. I just really really wish I could see you guys again. I- I love you guys s-so much." I stammer before standing up and wiping the tears trickling down my face.

As I walk through the tall gates of the cemetery it begins to rain. Harder and harder. I signed before beginning my walk home. My stroll didn't last long before an expensive looking red car pulled up next to me. I bent down and looked into the passenger side window and sighed at who I saw in the drivers seat.

" Hey nerd. What're you doing out in the rain?" Asher asked actually seeming pretty concerned. I rolled my eyes before taking a step back.
" Listen I know we don't get along and shit but just get in the car before it starts to downpour. Your gonna get pneumonia." He says sincerely. I look at him with confusion written all over my face. Why was he being so nice to me?
" Stop staring and get in the damn car." He muttered before pressing the unlock button. I hesitantly got in the passenger seat before closing the door. Looking out the window as he pulled away. We sat in a silence until I noticed he drove past my house. I look over at him suddenly terrified as to where he was taking me.
" Relax," he says without taking his eyes off the road. "I'm hungry." I nod and settle back down into my seat. I watch the rain hit the window before my door is flung open. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I see that Asher is holding my door open and we are at the diner. I quickly got out so he didn't get mad and we walked into the diner before being seated at a small booth. Asher orders his food as I sit there quietly and uncomfortably.

"So," Asher speaks up. I look up at him. "What were you doing at the cemetery anyways?" He asks while folding his arms over his chest. I shrug. He rolls his eyes. "You don't just go to a cemetery for no reason. Well unless your one of those creepy people who find hanging out with the dead fun." He says. I sigh before replying.

"I was visiting a grave." I say barely audible. However he heard me and raised an eyebrow.

"Who?" He says actually seeming interested in who I was seeing. I look away from his eyes as I feel the need to gasp for air. My chest begins rising and falling fast and all I can hear is the beating of my heart and a deep voice not far from my face. I jolt as I feel something touch my hand and look up to see Asher. He is now bent down in front of me saying something along the lines of breath Cassidy keep breathing focus on me. I listen to his voice as my breathing slowly calms down and my heart beet is barely audible. Asher let's out a sigh of relief before sitting back in his seat. I look up at him confused. What the fuck just happened?

"My little sister has anxiety attacks too. I've learned how to help her." He says as if he could read my mind. I nod and mutter a thank you before he continues talking.
" So I take it you don't want to tell me who you were seeing at the cemetery?" He asks and I shrug.

"M-my p-parents."I mutter in a low whisper to myself. He must've heard me because he went silent before he spoke.

"I-I didn't know your parents passed away.I-Im so sorry Cassidy. Shit im so sorry."He says grabbing my hands again. I look up and saw a different part of Asher. The part that usually only flashed over his facial features for a split second. The part that I've wanted to see for 3 years. I saw the part of Asher that was kind. I nodded and muttered an it's okay.
" No Cassidy it's not okay. God I can't believe this. I was a total dick to you for no reason. I'm so sorry for everything I've ever done to you. I really am Cassidy."

"I know. I believe that you are." I say making eye contact with Asher. He nods and we stand up to leave the diner. While walking to his car I realised I had a question of my own to ask.
"Do you think that maybe we can have a different relationship Asher?" He looks at me confused.
"I mean like instead of hating each other we can just be civil. I don't think I can take anymore of this." I say rubbing my arms. He looks at my sleeves and then back at my eyes before grabbing my wrist gently and rolling up my sleeve. I try to pull away but it is already to late. He gasps at what he sees. He saw my scars. Even the recent ones. I looked up at him.
"I-it wasn't just because of you Asher. Everyone hates me and I-" before I could finish my sentence He pulled me into a breathtaking hug.

"I will never ever hurt you again Cassidy Rivers. I promise. I will never let anyone else hurt you either. I'm so beyond sorry for all the pain and torture I put you through." He says as I cry into his chest. For some reason, this felt right. I never thought that this day would come. I never thought that here I would be hugging Asher Norman in the middle of a diners parking lot. After a few minutes we got into his car and before I know it we are at my house. I look at Asher.

"Thanks." I say reciprocating the hug over the glove box.

"Anytime Cassidy. I will see you tomorrow." I nod before walking away. Oh yea did I forget to mention that Asher and I are practically besties now. Just kidding but we are going to work on being friends, or at least acquaintances. He offered to pick me up tomorrow before school. Aw shit. What the heck am I supposed to explain this to Noah and Brent.

*****************************************
Aww snap. Shit just got real. No but seriously let me know what you think about this chapter. Love y'all. Bye bye my favorite humans ever.