Fornax

Trigger warning: there's some pretty intense homophobia in this chapter, as well as some mild physical abuse. 

_____

Oliver woke up with a groan. His eyes stuck together for a second before peeling dryly open. He rolled out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom, the world spinning around him. He puked into the sink, bile tasting of bourbon. He couldn't even remember how many drinks he'd ordered the night before. At some point there was a guy that had bought three rounds of shots for the whole bar, and that happened after Oliver was already pretty drunk. That was when his memory started to get fuzzy.

Had Baby driven him home? No, that was stupid, Baby didn't drive. Shit, Baby. Oliver groaned again, letting his forehead fall to the ceramic bathroom sink. He hoped he hadn't ruined Baby's big night by being a sloppy drunk. Before all the drinks, he had been listening to the music and Baby had sounded as beautiful as ever. Especially the song that he wrote for Oliver. For Oliver.

Oliver stumbled back to the room where he dug through his jean pockets for his phone.

You have (6) unread messages

He clicked to open them.

em&em: i left your keys on your nightstand with some aspirin. good luck man. baby seems cool

Oliver looked gratefully over to his nightstand where he grabbed the pills and swallowed them dry. Thank god for Emmett. That answered the question of who drove him home then. He moved on to the next message.

franny bitchface: BABY IS THE CUTEST THING ON THE PLANET AND IF YOU HURT HIM OLIVER AMOBI EZE I WILL CUT YOUR NUTS OFF. OH MY GOD HE CARES ABOUT YOU SO MUCH BLESS HIM YOU BEST BE CAREFUL WITH THAT BOY

Oliver sighed, rubbing his hand over his face. He didn't remember his friends meeting Baby, but apparently they did. And it must have gone well if Fran was so ecstatic about him. Well, she'd been that way before she met him. Oliver kicked himself for missing it. They'd all have to go out for lunch sometime, he decided, and resolved to text them the second he didn't feel like barfing his guts out. He then clicked to the next messages, which turned out to be a string of them, all from the same person.

baby <3: thanks for coming tonight

baby <3: even if you did get fucking smashed

baby <3: it meant a lot to see you there

baby <3: be safe oliver x

Oliver's heart melted. He clutched his phone and immediately started typing.

me: yikes sorry for getting shitfaced. i tend to do that sometimes. i hope i didn't ruin anything, don't really remember much after about hour two

me: but i had a really good time Baby

me: that song you wrote for me was the best thing i've ever heard and i'm being serious

He waited, and sure enough, the typing dots appeared at the bottom of the screen. He couldn't keep the smile off his face.

baby <3: serious doesn't suit you go back to bad sarcasm

me: maybe when i'm not barfing up a kidney we can see about the sarcasm. but only for you

baby <3: awwwwwww he thinks of me when he's puking how sweet

Oliver tried for a laugh, but groaned as the motion went straight to his stomach. He got up miserably from the bed again to go puke. In the bathroom, he suddenly heard commotion from out in the hall.