Chapter 15

When I woke up, I was in Zivon's bed. I rolled over, trying to find this radiating warmth. Nothing.

     And then I remembered, where is Zivon? I sprung out of the warm bed, and was engulfed by coldness. 

     I realized I probably looked like hell, and went into the bathroom. Gazing into the mirror, my own reflection terrified me. 

     Dried blood matted my hair together, almost in dreads. My jaw was bruised, by neck wrapped in now-purple hand prints. My eyes sunk inward, contrasting the red veins prominent in the whites of my eyes.

     I got into the shower, as if I could wash away the bruising. Flakes of blood fell from my hair onto the white tile beneath me, and I worked through my hair the best I could. 

     I cleared my throat as I stepped out, now realizing it was soar from my screams. I looked in the mirror, and realized I looked better.

     My eyes weren't as red, and the area around them no longer sunken in. My hair was still caked in blood, and I began working through it with my brush. 

     After around an hour of brushing and detangling my mess of hair my stomach rumbled. I headed down the stairs, and was lucky enough to spot Feliks speaking with some guards. 

     When our eyes met, he walked to me. "Come on, we're going to see Zivon. We will get food on the way," my face must of lit up at this news, because Feliks smiled. 

     Walking to the car I wondered where in the world he was. Why wasn't he here to see me? Does he not care? 

    I don't remember getting in the car, or starting to drive. Suddenly trees and city scapes zoomed past me. 

     We finally turned, and my eyes found a hospital sign.

     "Feliks, why are we at a hospital," my voice was hoarse, but I didn't care. Zivon must be hurt. 

     "Nova, Zivon had an accident." I began to panic, taking in to deep of breaths in a desperate attempt to calm myself. 

     "Nova, it gets worst. I don't think he remembers you. The doctors say he is struggling with Transient Global Amnesia. When he had his accident, a car crash, he was upset because he thought you left him. Because of this form of amnesia, he can't remember the accident or... Well... you. The doctors don't know if his memories of you will ever return. I'm sorry Nova," Feliks said, and I broke. 

     I mean fully broke. I had envisioned coming home after hell to find Zivon, open armed and waiting for me. I wanted to wake up on his chest, without the nightmares. In peace. 

     I broke down. I cried, sobbed. It must have been at least 15 minutes, but Feliks didn't mind. He rubbed circles on my upper back, while shushing me and telling me it was okay. I just held my hands and cried. 

     "I wanted to give you this," Feliks said, breaking the silence. He pulled out of his pocket a small black box I recognized immediately. It was the small silver cross I got for Zivon. 

     I snatched the box from him, pulling it into my chest. I don't know why, but right now it was such a comfort. This maybe the only object I have to remind me of Zivon and I, remind me of us. 

     I don't know how long we stayed this way for, but I didn't know what else to do. I didn't know if I was ready to see Zivon, face the reality and graveness of everything. 

     "Ready to meet the dragon?" Feliks asked, and for some twisted, dark reason, I couldn't help it. I smiled.